• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

2013 Weber Jumbo Joe Review

B

BBQ Bros

I've seen a few guys talking about these but haven't really seen many pictures and/or videos yet, so since I picked one up the other day I thought I'd provide a quick video review of it in case anyone's interested in seeing a review before picking one up. Towards the end of the video I show it next to a Smokey Joe Silver so you can see the size comparison.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PebtBpgjReY&feature=plcp"]Weber Jumbo Joe Review - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for taking the time to do this! I've been mulling over getting one, they look pretty cool! BTW, feel free to mail me your lime green SJ, I wouldn't want it feeling neglected just sitting around!

I've spent the last two years trying to get a SJP. I finally get one, and Weber brings them back again. Farkers.

CD :becky:

is it just me or is that new one a bit smaller than the older sjp ?
cuz mine is big.

I've been waiting to see one of the next generation ones in person, my SJP came up missing in action number of years ago. I'm getting one for fishing trips and for nostalgia.

Charcoal basket mod is on the horizon....

I didn't realize these were out! I just bought the 18" Silver a few weeks ago, good thing I haven't opened it, the one you reviewed is perfect for our RV! Thank you very much for the video.

Time to try to convince Missus Claus I need an early Xmas gift. We're traveling for Thanksgiving - this would be perfect to take with us. :thumb:

Time to try to convince Missus Claus I need an early Xmas gift. We're traveling for Thanksgiving - this would be perfect to take with us. :thumb:

LOL, yeah, I was considering waiting for Mrs. Claus to hook me up with it, but I just couldn't wait b/c we're traveling a good bit before Christmas and I wanted to go ahead and get it added to my arsenal :)

^^^Yeah, I may have to make an executive decision on this one as well. :heh:

Im kind of up in the air. My brother has a beater 22 weber that is awesome to bring places and not have to worry about babying but still have all the benis of a full sized weber. now I just wish I knew how it would compare to the 18 sj. Ive seen 18.5 kettles and they seem just fine for the majority of grillin' and these look like they would travel like a dream.

Very interesting lil cooker. Think I may stay away from buying one although I'm still wanting but not needing a GA. Thing is if I bring one more portable home the kids will string me up.

much cheaper to get a used 18.5 kettle on cl and install short legs.
also not hard to install a wire for the lid if needed or just use some bungee cords.
still waiting to see if the cooking grate is the same as the kettle or still differant as the older sjp.

Will the 18" grates from a Gold or Silver fit the new JJ?

They're both spec'd out with 18.5" cooking grates, so though I don't have a Gold or Silver to tell you for sure, I think it's probably a safe bet that they do...

much cheaper to get a used 18.5 kettle on cl and install short legs.
also not hard to install a wire for the lid if needed or just use some bungee cords.
still waiting to see if the cooking grate is the same as the kettle or still differant as the older sjp.

True, but I'm addicted to purchasing any new Weber that hits the market. So it is what it is...

As far as the grate, I don't have an 18.5" Gold or Silver kettle to tell you for sure, but since the JJ also has an 18.5" grate, why wouldn't it fit?

DSC03216.jpg

Back