The tongue

You call that a tongue?

This is a tongue .... :becky:

fish1-478x800.jpg

Boiled it for about one and a half hrs, skinned it, should probably cut a bit deeper than skin as there is a tough bit of tissue just under the skin, then smoked for two hrs until 190 or so. Needed more time, maybe a wrap for an hr ,but I did not have the time. The flavor to me is kind of corned beaf like. I used a lot of corriander. It was chewy. This was my first attempt at smoking tongue and it needs to be more tender. It would be really be good more tender.

I did a tongue this weekend. Boiled it with onion & garlic powder for 30 min. Injected it with garlic oil. Then smoked it for 2 h @250. Next wrapped it in foil with some beef broth for 1h @ 275. Then out of the foil for another hour @ 275. Removed it @180 and rested 30 min. Tasted real beefy but I also got the chewy result. Took it too work and people were surprised how much they liked it. Some non-know it all confused it with Brisket. :twitch: I am wondering about some overnight marinade? Any thoughts.

A friend of mine cooked tongue like a beef roast but only told me it was roast beef.

I have to say it was the most tender and flavorful roast beef I ever ate. He told me afterwards it was a beef tongue. I don't care to prep it, but I will eat it any time he makes it.

Tounge makes great sammies! cook it up how ever you like the chill it down and slice it thin! Thats good eats!

Back