• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Its Official.!!! We are running for KCBS Board of Directors

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
After speaking to a few more people, I have decided to (continue) follow up on the nomination to run for KCBS Board of Directors. I just hung up the phone with Carolynn Wells and, its not to late to jump into the election process. So, stay tuned, this may be opening up a whole new chapter in the saga of "The Brethren". I am activly working on my BIO with a few members from here and we will officially have it submitted it to KCBS by tomorrow. Wish me luck!! and hold on, I am taking you guys along for the ride. !!

Farking A, Phil - go for it and let us know if we can do anything! Or maybe we should be quiet! :D

Arlin_MacRae said:
Farking A, Phil - go for it and let us know if we can do anything! Or maybe we should be quiet! :D

In the US election tradition: "vote early and vote often".:eek:

Oh yeah! Don't forget to check for hanging chad (little C guys, little C!!):twisted:

Congratulations Phil. As I said before, I couldn't think of anyone more qualified than you. If there is anything I can do to help, don't hesitate for a moment to call. Best of luck and God Bless.

Let me extend premature congratulations. What Arlin said!

I think this is an excellent idea! Of course you know you have my support, just let me know if there's anything else I can do to help.

THANKS ALL....

but!!!! based on the from the Poll of how many KCBS members we have out there.. We arent quite an overwhelming force... Guys.. get out there and register with KCBS!!! We are going to need votes!!

Good to here I think you have the heart, drive and from my short visit with you the integraty for the position. Good Luck and let the Brethren know what we can do to help! At least this Brethren!

Go for it Phil, you know we are all behind you and would be happy to ride along with you. :biggrin:

I don't know - what you gonnna do for me? :biggrin:

Go for it Phil!

And you guys who aren't memebers of KCBS, you should really think about joinging. You get a monthly newspaper called the BullSheet that's filled with all sorts of stories, recipes and techniques for the BBQ world. You can also follow the progress of all our brethren cooking teams. And you get a fancy membership card and a BBQ bumper sticker. It's worth the $35 a year.

Yeah Phil, what's your platform? LOL!

Seriously, you have MY vote but won't you be at a disadvantage as far as people knowing you since the last month's Bullsheet already had the ads for the people running? Or are they gonna let you run your free ad in the next issue? If so, that would rock as you'll get the last chance to be remembered! Make it a good bio! Obviously some of the ones there were more impressive than others.

Question... and I haven't seen this being new to KCBS this year: of all those folks listed, how many do I get to vote for? Just one or more? Thanks! And good luck Phil! My vote is definitely for you!

Go for it Phil, I am with you. I am re-joining KCBS tonight, and will vote at least once for you:shock:

Jeff_in_KC said:
Yeah Phil, what's your platform? LOL!

OH, hell, I just read this! I had assumed that if Phil won, there would be a lot of PORK for the Brethren:grin:

CharlieBeasley said:
Good to here I think you have the heart, drive and from my short visit with you the integraty for the position. Good Luck and let the Brethren know what we can do to help! At least this Brethren!

Hmmm, integrity. Have you ever seen Pooh in bunny slippers, a girly robe, and a blue fuzzy hat with horns, out cooking in the snot.:twisted:

Phil, go get ‘em. You got my vote, and if there’s anything else I can do!!!!!

Glad to hear it's official !!! I'm pulling for ya ....

The October Bullsheet said there were 4 openings on for the KCBS Board of Directors... This gives Phil a better shot for sure....

Said ballots will be mailed on 1/1/06 and must be due back by 2/17/06....

Back