***VOTE - BBQ Brethren "Brisket Appreciation" Throwdown - VOTE***

Who should win the BBQ Brethren "Brisket Appreciation" Throwdown?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
It is time to decide the winner of the [size=+2]"Brisket Appreciation"[/size] Throwdown!

The winner will be announced after the poll closes on Saturday 8/6.

Click Here to go to the Throwdown thread, or click on the person's name for more pics/info on the entries.

[size=+2]Phrasty[/size]
1722017_Phrasty.jpg

[size=+2]Oldyote[/size]
1722826_Oldyote.jpg

[size=+2]Redhot[/size]
1724751_Redhot.jpg

[size=+2]Alan in Ga[/size]
1725687_Alan_in_Ga.jpg

[size=+2]Ron L[/size]
1725771_Ron_L.jpg

[size=+2]deguerre[/size]
1726002_deguerre.jpg

[size=+2]landarc[/size]
1728862_landarc.jpg

[size=+2]chambersuac[/size]
1731750_chambersuac.jpg

[size=+2]---k---[/size]
1732216_---k---.jpg

[size=+2]R2Egg2Q[/size]
1732370_R2Egg2Q.jpg

[size=+2]Will work for bbq[/size]
1732519_Will_work_for_bbq.jpg

[size=+2]Theresa B[/size]
1732529_Theresa_B.jpg

[size=+2]Harbormaster[/size]
1732545_Harbormaster.jpg

[size=+2]Saiko[/size]
1732556_Saiko.jpg

[size=+2]bigabyte[/size]
1732576_bigabyte.jpg

[size=+2]bluetang[/size]
1732614_bluetang.jpg

[size=+2]Fat Woody[/size]
1732721_Fat_Woody.jpg

WOW! I wish I could vote for all of them....

Not a single shabby entry here!

I had to go with Saiko! Love the colour and the smoke ring and the burnt ends. Theresa B, a close second with beautiful presentation... just missing those burnt ends. Then Redhot! Way to go Redhot! Oh yeah... I really like Ronelle's eggs too!

Cheers!

Bill

Man, how do you choose just one? I may have to let this thread marinate a bit and vote later. They are all too good to pick one on the first pass.

All I can say is that... There's a whole lotta apreciation goin' on up in here :clap2:

Lots of great entries but the one I appreciated most was Saiko's. Burnt ends! That's where it's at! The flat slices are amazing looking as well. There is nothing in that shot but amazing looking brisket. :thumb:

Wow. Tough call. They all look very tasty. Since I only have my feeble attempts at brisket to compare to, they are all winners. Based on appearance and unique flavor profile, I'm voting for Redhot. :thumb:

Great job y'all. I wish I could retract my entry now :)
Seriously, I knew the risk when my wife as too ill to take "plated" photos, but now Guerry can't say I'm skeert!

Great job y'all. I wish I could retract my entry now :)
Seriously, I knew the risk when my wife as too ill to take "plated" photos, but now Guerry can't say I'm skeert!

You're right Dan. Posting those photos was very brave. They almost rival my plating (or lack there of) skills.:thumb:

Just ask Landarc, Gore and..um, just about everyone else that remembers my earlier entries.

Wow, Guerry, are you telling me my pictures look like ****e? HURTFUL!!!! /;)

Wow, it's a close race. I hope this comes down to the wire. :thumb:

It's not like I'm going to stress out, since I'm not in it. :heh:

CD

You're right Dan. Posting those photos was very brave. They almost rival my plating (or lack there of) skills.:thumb:

I'm kind of surprised / pleased how well my platting photo came out. I was trying to slice my brisket with my buddy's 2-year old having a melt down at the kitchen table, their 4 and 6 year olds coming in and out of the house repeatedly asking if they could eat yet, and my wife looking over my shoulder trying to tell me to just ignore it (I don't do kids crying). My poor wife got the cutting fork in her face and a nasty, "don't tell me what to do." :shame: And of course, I'm trying to snap a photo as quickly as possible so that no one would see what I was doing (I'm scare of my worlds colliding). And, the lighting in my kitchen is very sub-optimal for a TD entry. But, it was fun.

It was between Ron L & bigabyte, because I think both of those would taste the least like brisket :becky: And since I am not a big fan of mustard, bigabyte gets my vote with Ron L a close second :thumb:

Back