Grilled pizza

big matt

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Since we are deep in the summer heat I've been trying to do all of the cooking outside..here are a few pics of the pizza I made the other night..I buy fresh dough from a local pizza joint that makes their dough daily for 3 bucks..then I make my own sauce and add what I like..this pizza had pepperoni,proscuitto,ground Italian sausage,roasted red peppers,fresh basil,mozza and parm for cheese..I first grill the raw over high heat(like cooking a giant tortilla)then I build the pizza on the cooked side and finish cooking by putting it back on raw side down over direct coals until the bottom is crusty then move it over to indirect to finish..came out excellent..give it a try
158efcdc.jpg

1e740907.jpg

5e68343e.jpg

I too did some pizza pies on my smoker last night.

Lil bit of a different technique, but sounds like we had similar results. Yum!

that method is a bit different, but it looks real good...I like your choice of toppings also!

i Have always wanted to try this... these pics make me want to try it sooner rather than later.

Nice pizza!!! I grill both sides of the dough, take it off the grill top it with your toppings. Lay foil on the grill put the pie back on to cook the toppings. The foil works real well to keep the crust from browning anymore than the initial grill. Just somethin' I found that works good!

Nice pizza!!! I grill both sides of the dough, take it off the grill top it with your toppings. Lay foil on the grill put the pie back on to cook the toppings. The foil works real well to keep the crust from browning anymore than the initial grill. Just somethin' I found that works good!
Thats just about how I do it but I like to get a little char on the bottom too..the foil idea is great..I have also found you really have to watch it close..both sides were over the fire maybe 2 minutes and i kept spinning it..now I"m thinking foil with some holes in it..thanks

Matt that looks great! Wish I had a slice right now. :-D

I'm thinking pizza tonight!

I was thinkin' pizza anyway but now you've got me convinced!:clap2:

Back