Back from the Jack

Buzz got it.. thems prime rib steaks. We didnt have 5-6 hours to cook a 20lb roast. So I cut them into 2-3 inch chunks and cooked them in the green egg at 275-300. Started out with a couple fatties before the roasts went on. Then opened the dampers full open and finished them at grilling speed. Sliced them up and rang the dinner bell.

Thanks for sharing Phil. I used your prime rib technique on a tri-tip roast Sunday and it was fantastic.

It was good to meet you Phil. Sorry we didn't have much for you to do or a cooker for you to use but cooking for the World Championship is very serious business to me. Everything is well orchestrated ahead of time. My plan is in place long before we get to Lynchburg and it is set in stone.
Nice site.

Welcome DrBBQ.

Go on over to Cattle Call and introduce yourself!

Hey Phil.....was wonderful meeting you at da Jack even though it was only a couple of hours before our departure back to Canada! :(

I was fortunate enough to be sharing a few pops with the Dizzy Pigs when the prime rib cam off the egg and it was incredible....I even bragged to my team mates that they missed out large on the PR! :p

Cindy
What have you been smokin'?
Ontario, Canada

Phil is our Walking Billboard.

Hey Cindy!!! Welcome to our nut house... This is where it all began... :)

great to meet you and your bunch too.. Go over to cattle call.. let everyone know who ya are...

brdbbq said:

You got that right. Kept our hat and apron on and got our name out there best i could... Considering the comapany I was in, having anyone from there come to our humble abode is definately a plus...

BBQchef33 said:
brdbbq said:

You got that right. Kept our hat and apron on and got our name out there best i could... Considering the comapany I was in, having anyone from there come to our humble abode is definately a plus...

Forgot the deodorant at the hotel, eh?

racer_81 said:
Welcome DrBBQ.

Go on over to Cattle Call and introduce yourself!

This guy is like JMinion, if you know the world of smoking meats, he needs no introduction.

Class has begun!

Welcome, Dr. BBQ. I still haven't scored any Bonesmokers, I gotta remember to do that!

drbbq said:
It was good to meet you Phil. Sorry we didn't have much for you to do or a cooker for you to use but cooking for the World Championship is very serious business to me. Everything is well orchestrated ahead of time. My plan is in place long before we get to Lynchburg and it is set in stone.
Nice site.

Likewise Ray..

No problem with the cooker... Just like going to any BBQ event...backyard or championship.... I wouldnt show up empty handed... Found one real fast and the prime rib was gone within a few hours. Great to meet ya though and shoot the breeze in between your runnin around.

2Fat said:
BBQchef33 said:
rang the dinner bell.

Bell what bell--didn't hear no steenking bell<sf>

hey, i cant help it if it took ya till midnight to spot our logo. ! :twisted:

BBQchef33 said:
2Fat said:
BBQchef33 said:
rang the dinner bell.

Bell what bell--didn't hear no steenking bell<sf>

hey, i cant help it if it took ya till midnight to spot our logo. ! :twisted:

guess I just didn't recognise ya without your bathrobe<LOL> and the hat was special 8)

is there a brethren store????????????

Coming soon... new active wear. :wink:

Back