Knocked my ol' gray 22" kettle off the top of the motor home with a low tree branch pulling out the driveway on the way to Talladega last year. Bent the kettle out of round and bent one leg, straighten her up the best we could. She can't wait to go back to Talladega next week.

I am going tpo be a nice Dad this weekend. I just got a Large BGE and that is all I need right now with my Webber Gasser so I am going to give my 22 1/2 inch Kettle to my oldest son this weekend with a bag of Humphrys Lump

I am going tpo be a nice Dad this weekend. I just got a Large BGE and that is all I need right now with my Webber Gasser so I am going to give my 22 1/2 inch Kettle to my oldest son this weekend with a bag of Humphrys Lump

Lucky Dad...Lucky son!!

I rescued one for $30 bucks on CL.... Does that qualify me to be in the society? Was going to be sacrificial for my uds but was in such good shape I bought a new lid from Weber.

Attachments

• DSCN0877.jpg
    DSCN0877.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 954
I will admit that a Weber Kettle grill never crossed my mind, until I stumbled across this board:lol:!!! Now I have a 22.5 OTG that I bought on e-bay for $100.00 brand new. Not a bad deal but not as great as some of the rescue stories I have read here. In the short time my kettle and I have been together, we have grilled burgers, smoked ribs and chicken, made steak quesadillias, and of course-hot dogs:cool:. I can't believe all the times I have walked past these grills in the store and I just couldn't imagine the versitility of these amazing grills!! The Brethern has really opened my eyes to a whole new world of grilling:biggrin:!! I can't wait until I get time to try out a pizza on my kettle!!

These things are awesome for sure.....they really do just about everything!

Jumbo Joe is ready to go! (An 18" Smokey Joe)
59c0de82.jpg

2eb4e996.jpg

If I only had one thing to cook on for the rest of my life, it would be a Weber Kettle. IMHO they are the most versatile cooker out there.

Just my $.02 worth.

I agree that the kettle is the most versatile cooker. New to the thread, and proud that I found it. Would love to be one of the appreciation group.

well, yesterday i rescued a black DZ 18.5 ots for $10. it just needs a really good cleaning and a cooking grate. also rescued a blue N 22.5 ots for $10. it will need major cleaning and grate and one touch system replacement. wood handles just need sanding and some oil. otherwise its in darn good shape. i'm thrilled.

well, yesterday i rescued a black DZ 18.5 ots for $10. it just needs a really good cleaning and a cooking grate. also rescued a blue N 22.5 ots for $10. it will need major cleaning and grate and one touch system replacement. wood handles just need sanding and some oil. otherwise its in darn good shape. i'm thrilled.
Great Find clean them up and git a cookin.

Theres more than one way to recycle an old grill. I been cooking in the dark, well at least with the porch light which is 30' away, for way too long. Had a rusty old smokey joe sitting around, a CL freebee, and figured why not I'll use it a few times a week if it lites up. So I scavenged a light socket and an old extension cord and threw it together. The only parts I dident have were the bulb, 150W halogen, and the shelf hangers. Now I can see just how much I need to clean the crud out of the inside of the poor man's performer.

Rustyrecycledrelics076.jpg

Rustyrecycledrelics081.jpg

Rustyrecycledrelics088.jpg

Back