You would take post # 2000! lol

I was so trying to get that one, oh well roll on 3,000.

My Ugly Drum in Competition...

rbjwgo.jpg

33duj3q.jpg

mw2sew.jpg

It's only 6 in the evening here so if I can get 998 post in before ... nevermind.
Sleep well brother.

I usually use 4 fist size chunks in the "bottom layer" in the coal basket and another 4 in the "top layer" (offset 45* so they're between the bottom chunks). Oaks all I have at this time; have some hickory seasoning; begging around for some apple, peach, etc wood.

Here's the bottom layer
LayerCharcoalPlusOak.jpg

Here's the top layer (w/2 chunks)
SecondLayerCharcoalPlusOak.jpg

Ya dude, WAY to much wood.....

Bubba I thought I posted this all ready but can't find it. Could you please post some close ups of you ball valve mod would like to do this as well. Mainly would like to see how you connected the rod to the valve. Thanks

Bubba I thought I posted this all ready but can't find it. Could you please post some close ups of you ball valve mod would like to do this as well. Mainly would like to see how you connected the rod to the valve. Thanks

That would be Norco's invention, i think he has some close-ups.

Smokers 002.jpg

Smokers 003.jpg

Smokers 001.jpg

Well mine is finished! Which I can prove via pics above. The bottom pic is the three that have been neglected since I started reading this and since I constructed the UDS.

So far it has smoked, rib tips, a Brisket and a Fatty. Though, apparently it never happened since I failed to photograph the event.

I will also say that as mentioned, it does cook a bit faster so a meat thermometer is a must.

I must say, I'm amazed at the ability to hold temperature with almost no work on my end. Always end up with some charcoal and part of my wood chunks left over as well.

I love my offset, but its probably going to be sold.

I'm now in search of a Weber Kettle Lid so I can use two racks. Though I must say I like the flat top look.

Thanks for all the advice! You guys saved me quite a bit of cash as a BDS was going to be my Christmas present to myself.

Dude: Isn't that a Weber Kettle in the pic? What's wrong with it's lid?

You might also want to consider making and extension ring for your Kettle or your UDS, Basically, it's a 1/3 segment of a drum.

Dude: Isn't that a Weber Kettle in the pic? What's wrong with it's lid?

You might also want to consider making and extension ring for your Kettle or your UDS, Basically, it's a 1/3 segment of a drum.

It is not the fit that I need and will need to be modified. Unless one of you smarter than I guys is telling me that bending the lip of the Weber out, will not affect the performance on the Weber itself?

Back