• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Pitmaster's season premiere

Looks like this seasons the same layout as last season just with a guest judge each week. I like it but i still think the first season was the best yet

I fell asleep before it started but I dvr'd it. I even have the GF hooked on watching it.

Be prepared for any and all pork turn-in boxes to now be referred to as the "Butcher" pork box. :twisted:

Butchers was killed good!!!
Loved it!!!!!!!
He will be the team/man to beat this year!!!!

Things I took away from the airing tonight -

1. Guest Judging - interesting approach and will give a different perspective with each episode. I would like to see Triggs as a guest judge.
2. My wife noted - that the judge directly stated he didn't like sweet yet the other two did; then asked how can you be a judge if you can't put personal preferences aside and judge on the cook at hand? Hit pause and had a 20 minute discussion - was interesting.
3. Was disappointed that one cook separated the Money Muscle ... I know the cook is not standard sanction or anything but still found it to be lacking integrity.
4. They did a little better job of trying to highlight the different techniques/approaches each team took and the end result.
5. As a pit master you need to know your meats and what is possible!

Idea for an episode: Do a where are they now for the season one.

Awesome job, David. The other dudes were good, but IMO the score wasn't really that close. You smoked everything.

Great show. I was tricked by "re-ignited" though. It seems they were shows which already had aired even though the DVR called them 1st runs. Cant wait to see more new shows.I know its helped to improve my BBQ since watching.

Things I took away from the airing tonight -

3. Was disappointed that one cook separated the Money Muscle ... I know the cook is not standard sanction or anything but still found it to be lacking integrity.

Idea for an episode: Do a where are they now for the season one.

Just a question, but how is it a lack of integrity if, it isn't against the rules? He took the same approach that Myron Mixon did, on the show Smoked. Where he seperated the point from the flat so he could get bark on all sides of the point before making burnt ends.

If it isn't against the rules and it is a technique that allows for a better product, I personally don't find it lacking integrity.

And the episode of where are they now for season one would be great! Obviously Tuffy Stone and Myron are judges for Pitmasters. I would love to see how the others are doing in their competition/professional career. I also want to know if the rookie was able to figure out the whole competition bbq scene and do better than he had been.

Last edited:
Great show. I was tricked by "re-ignited" though. It seems they were shows which already had aired even though the DVR called them 1st runs. Cant wait to see more new shows.I know its helped to improve my BBQ since watching.

The re-ignited shows were reruns but with deleted scenes. They were much better than the original episodes. One moment that stuck out was the Texas cook out. They actually had the discussion what the brisket sugar cookie method is. In the original episode they Aaron Franklin mentioned their attempt at the sugar cookie method but it was not explained at all.

Yes the TV set dropped the cambro that was holding them. The judges was instructed to not look at the lay of the ribs since this happened.

That sucks!

Nice job, David! We were cheering for you! :-D

Is one of the Brethren on the show?
Sorry for the stoopid question, but I've gotten that impression.

Look above. Butcher BBQ.

The re-ignited shows were reruns but with deleted scenes. They were much better than the original episodes. One moment that stuck out was the Texas cook out. They actually had the discussion what the brisket sugar cookie method is. In the original episode they Aaron Franklin mentioned their attempt at the sugar cookie method but it was not explained at all.

Dang. I thought they were all re-runs so I erased from my list. I didnt know they had uncut footage. Thanks for the info.

Back