deguerre Post - Smoking Pumkins - Please share recipe

Pappy

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Granite City, Illinois (Near St. Louis "GO CARDS")
"deguerre" Posted this in another post about smoking some pumkins. Maybe we can get him to expand on his recipe. It looks good. I'm going to give it a try and bought 2 small "pie pumkins" today at the pumkin farm. They were $2 each. They had some "Baby Bear Pumkins" that were $1 each. I don't know if they are good for eating.

In the post he added butter, brown sugar.

Later in the post "deguerre" Said:
I think we also put a little cinnamon in there and of course you can add nutmeg. Yep, just scooped with a spoon and some of the skin was actually edible too (I ate one whole with a fork for funzies). Just as good as a sweet tater and the texture was better to me.
They average about 3 1/2 to 4" diameter in size.

To go with the pork (and keeping to theme), you should try some of these sometime. They're in season now:

attachment.php

I may just be in a weird sense of humor mood, but when I read the title, Cheech & Chong came to mind.

I can just pictire Cheech sayng:

Cheech: "Wow man, you're all orage and glowing. What you doin"

Chong: "Oh, I been smoking pumpkins, man."

Cheech: "That's far out. Like, how do you lite em?"

Guerry doesn't post much on the weekends. I'm sure that he'll chime in soon.
Noticed that did you?:becky:

Yep. Pretty simple really. Just cut off the top third, scoop out the seeds and other pumpkin junk. Put a tbs of butter, some brown sugar, also about a tbs or so, a little cinnamon and whatever other spice you like with pumpkin. Place the top back on and bake in a ~350 degree grill with a small amount of a light wood for 30~40 minutes until a tooth pick slides in like butta. Keep them away from direct heat and rotate ocassionally so they don't brown too much on any side.

Add to shopping list. Pumpkins

Definitely trying these this week. My daughter loves sweet potatoes so I hope she will try pumpkin. She will be home this weekend for fall break. Thanks for the idea!

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
enhanced-buzz-5831-1310412249-27.jpg

They look really good! I think these might just find there way on to our Canadian Thanksgiving menu this weekend.

The Scouts do something similar with apples! Here is Adambomb teaching me this.. I just had tha thought about adding some caramel square candies in the middle.

100_2233.jpg

100_2235.jpg

100_2237.jpg

Back