View Single Post
Old 02-04-2010, 04:28 PM   #9
Ford
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd26a View Post
If you allow propane, just open it up to all methods, including electric. Whereas I see your points Ford, also consider the mission of KCBS

Our mission is to celebrate, teach, preserve, and promote barbeque as a culinary technique, sport and art form. We want barbeque to be recognized as America's Cuisine.

To me, to truly "preserve and promote barbeque as a culinary technique" doesn't include propane style cookers. To me, it brings forth the idea of an open fire, wood, and care, not of a weber gasser set to high searing a steak. Its two completely different things
Good points but may I point out that nothing in the nission statement includes the phrase over an open fire. I agree many people hear promote and preserve and think open fire but the fire is the heat source and what makes good BBQ better isn't the heat source but the rubs, marinades, sauces and injections that cooks use and the ability to blend them to create the perfect piece of meat. That's a tradition that is passed from father to son or daughter and sometimes the other way around.

And have you ever tried to get a backyard gasser to keep 250f for a period of time like 10 hours? It's a lot more work that you tink. Now the big SP's are easier to use.