• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Concession Trailer Water Heater

W

Willard

You folks with concession trailers, what do you use for a water heater? Will a residential unit (gas) work?

ultimately an instant hot is the way to go. but the elec panel will need a separate circuit. nevertheless, water pres will determine the hot water temp. therefore, get a unit where the water temp can be regulated to health dept requirements.

i use an rv propane water heater can get up to a 10 gallon.

FYI...check with your HD before purchasing a tank, and I wouldn't advise a residential unit, open flame and venting issues.

Ariston makes several models that are electric

I just installed the Ariston 6 1/2 gal in my trailer it is tankless and works great heats very fast.I'm very happy with it.

The Aristons aren't tankless. They have a 4, 6.5 & a 10 gallon unit. Depending on your supply needs, they work great! I have 2 units, 1 for sink & 1 for hand wash.

FYI...check with your HD before purchasing a tank, and I wouldn't advise a residential unit, open flame and venting issues.
By all means check with the HD first. I put in a 6 gal electric and it works great but with my sinks the only way it meets spec is at 150F temp setting. If you have propane in your unit getting an RV water heater si the way to go. But remember it vents out the side so it needs to be in a safe place not by the vending window.

And there's a formual for calculating the total volume of your 4 sinks and then determining how much water can be raised 100F within an hour to fill them. It is complicated but if you do your site plan first and give them all the specs of what you want to buy they can suggest smaller sinks or larger heater if needed. Once it's installed it's a lot more to tear out and replace with bigger. And what you think is enough water is not what the HD thinks is enough for washing.

The Aristons aren't tankless. They have a 4, 6.5 & a 10 gallon unit. Depending on your supply needs, they work great! I have 2 units, 1 for sink & 1 for hand wash.

I stand corrected they have a mini tank but they do work great!!!

1500W X 2 (3KW) on my 6.5KW Onan Gen Set vs LP ... No Brainer. I like the AC too much to give up for Hot water.

Back