The end of the winter pit build!! Its DONE!! now for some Q'n

Congratulations:clap: Now its time to get cookin! You are in for some great Q and the added satisfaction, everytime you make someone happy with the grub, that it comes from something crafted with your own two hands.

Well... tonight I wiped the entire inside of the pit down with Veg. Oil... and LIT THE FIRST FIRE!! After all the work, time and money to build this farking thing.. I finally lit the fire, Seems to work well so far, the design seems to have a nice even heat, temp is controlled with the stack damper.. A bag of stubbs and some chunks of hickory made it happen tonight... Tomorrow morning going to the farm to get some split hickory that has been drying... should be awesome wood for smoking.... Great thing about Wisconsin... Plenty of Hickory and Oak around here!

Plan on thowin down some ribs tomorrow for its ma din voyage...

Found a few spots were the lid is not sealed completely.. Guess were out for some Hi-Temp sealant to make a gasket for the lid.....

I guess.. im not following the question.. FB on left hand side?

I am guessing that he is wondering why you built everything the opposite side of the trailer from what most .Most of the trailer cookers work from the roadside of the traile this one is curbside.

I am guessing that he is wondering why you built everything the opposite side of the trailer from what most .Most of the trailer cookers work from the roadside of the traile this one is curbside.

I put the door on the passenger side because when i back it into my driveway my deck is on the passenger side... so when i walk down my stairs i open the door to the smoker.

Built it for my house... :)

I just ordered the ceramic insulation for the firebox...

Next week will be here... Then its modification time.... :)

Back