California Q'ers

Bigmista

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
BBQin' at the Autry is coming up in April.

Is anybody competing?

Would anybody like to compete?

Kinda hard to get a commitment...

I was reading about this one yesterday. I am gonna pass as April is a tough month for me. Though the wifey and I are talking about doing the Modesto Comp in May.

I figured it would too hard and far for you. I was really calling out the SoCal folx.

Not that I wouldn't love to have you on my team...

Come on guys, this has the makings for a bigger contest to follow if we have lots of teams there. I am working hard to get 25-30 teams. Hope you all can make it!

Arlie

www.arlieque.com

Bigmista said:
I figured it would too hard and far for you. I was really calling out the SoCal folx.

Not that I wouldn't love to have you on my team...

Oh...er...uh....didn't realize this was a REGIONAL event. I wouldn't have responded if I knew that. Good luck to you and the SoCal'ers.

Let me see if I can work out logistics. may have to work that weekend, but if I can shake a few trees, and get free. COUNT ME IN!!! Of course that means we will have to practice ALOT to get timing and techniques down. Not to mention the trouble of gathering the equipment. Would be interesting to Que without drinking for a change, never tried that yet.

I think we can come up with some equipment if we use all of our connections. We don't have to buy everything. We can borrow and rent...

Careful, Mista... you're looking straight down the barrel of a large scale addiction if you go through with this! Good luck and do well!!!

Jeff_in_KC said:
Careful, Mista... you're looking straight down the barrel of a large scale addiction if you go through with this! Good luck and do well!!!

Why Jeff, you sound like someone who knows what its like!!!!!!!

When it get's down to it, I will be relying on you all heavily!!

All I'm sayin' is don't say I never warned ya when you're out a few thousand bucks in Q stuff when you previously couldn't find the extra cash to buy the latest TV or a new car off the showroom floor! :lol:

Seriously though... it's all worthwhile!

Mista,

Thats about average or comparable to what we pay here in the North East. Here, contests are $175 to $200 then another $25 for water and electricity. Spaces are usually 20' x 20' or 20' x 30'. HTH:biggrin:

The Autry is 20X30 with 20amp electricity and water "nearby".
$12,000 in prizes according to Arlieque.

Back