• Yes

Votes: 53 86.9%
  • No

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Wondering what people do with their contest score sheets? Do you keep them, toss them, compare them with past contests, etc?

I've seen 'em burned! LOL! I keep all mine. I have a notebook I've kept them in.

We keep ours and analyze the chit out of them. Usually there is nothing to be learned from them though. It seems with our Q half of the judges really like it and the other half thinks it below or at average. It really pisses me off because we can't learn anything from that! We still keep them though. My $.02.

Jason

I keep them but really only look at them the day or two after a contest. I don't really compare category scores & placings from contest to contest.

I generally rely on my feeling about how I think the entries turned out to determine what improvements need to be made the next time out or if I feel confident enough to stick with it even if the results were not great. Over time, I'll know if a trend exists to determine if changes should be considered.

I think paying too much attention to the numbers can sometimes be couterproductive. BBQ scores are very subjective and IMO are really only to that specific contest on that given day. Trying to overanalyze results from two contests in different cities by different judges will a different mix of teams could drive you crazy.

As a new team i am saving them all and seeing were and what to work on. My brisket did poorly last weekend and it gives me the taste/tenderness things to try and improve on.

for what thats worth.

Jeff-- I think that was my platte city scores you might have seen a-blaze :twisted:

VERY Theraputic.

Burning Love!

This was in Lake Placid... if I figured out how to post pics...

we like to call it a "Scott Proctor" hehehe.

Attachments

• DSC03528.jpg
    DSC03528.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 134
We keep them and make notes on them about what we did to the meat. Then runs statistical regressions on them to predict what will provide the best outcome in the future. ( Just kidding But it sounds like a good idea)

I keep mine. I figure eventually I'll have enough to cut up so I can tape together one really nice score sheet...

put them in file and pull when there is questions about past results. Use them to compare to digi photos of each item that we've turned in.It helps us tie appearance to a score.

Keep mine in my 3 ring Boondoggle Bible. I also have a spreadsheet that I enter in the data and so I can look at one place for all my comps and it also breaks down the total points by A Ta Te.

Scan them into the computer then frame them! :shock: We do keep them in a folder and do scan them!

For what it's worth we keep ours. I try to look at total score only and not where we placed, by doing this I can look at trends from contest to contest. At this point the trend is to less Cabo and more pit bitchen.

I keep mine in a 3 ring binder with pics of turn ins, and other info from the cook for future reference. Not that it helps but, it's there if you want to look back.

Planning on keeping them. We have a team member that has already created a spread sheet to plug numbers in....to what end I'm not sure yet..:razz:

usually I wad it up soon after getting it, then I whine a little bit, followed by trying to smooth it back out again, usually at some point I end up muttering the phrase "I think Judge 6 ate the lettuce".:biggrin:

That being said, we still have them all.

Back