• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

1st Fatty on the Weber Kettle Pr0n

OxInYourBox

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Broke in the new to me GOSM charcoal smoker Saturday with some butts and while that was going I put together a fatty to try-bell peppers and Colby jack with Jimmie Dean mild. I didn't have enough bacon to finish the weave properly but made it work.

temporary_zps57acc133.jpg

Tossed it on the grill, cracked a beer and sat down for a movie with the wife.

temporary_zps309141fd.jpg

More pics coming when it's done.

Looks good....why the wood on the grate?

Some folks run it on with the kettle indirect method, some mix it in, some put it in foil. Just trying different things. Didn't catch fire like it did in my GOSM but definitely smoked.

Here's it is post smoking pic.

temporary_zps7d7da692.jpg

Regarding the location-I rolled it over from it's starting point and the bottom far side still had some bacon that my wife wouldn't have liked so I tossed it on the heat to sizzle it some to her liking. Next time I'll roll it around some or do indirect on both sides.

It's wrapped and on the cutting board for now since the wife is still asleep. The temps were a bit higher than I had wanted around 180 before pulling but I think it will turn out alright.

Follow up on the all important taste tests-neighbor came by and I didn't allow him to leave without a sample. He loved it and we started talking about different possibilities. Wife asked for a slice with a simple pasta salad side-one bite in this is great. I mentioned I need to take some into work and she said only a slice as the rest is hers. Not bad considering she's still regaining her appetite. :)

Great looking fatty, looks delicious!

Thanks cowgirl and jeff!

Cowgirl-planning on making a plunger based on yours-neighbors and coworkers and my wife most importantly love these things now.

Outstanding. Looking forward to what you post up next.

Looks killer! I love doing fatties on my Kettle... It feels so old school!

Back