View Single Post
Old 03-24-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

Default Smokey Salmon and Fettucini Alfredo........Lotta pRon

This was really good, tried a little experiment with the Salmon, turned out great!

The guests of the party:

Experimented with one fillet, Made a mix of one TBSP brown sugar, one TBSP kosher salt and one teaspoon granulated garlic. I seasoned the other two fillets with salt, pepper and a little garlic.

I let this dry marinate for one hour, rinsed and seasoned with a little salt and pepper.
Brushed all three with a little oil and into the fish basket;

Fired up the WSJ, I used lump with a few small pieces of hickory;

Prepped the Fettucini and the Brussel sprouts in the mean time:
Salmon on!

Turned once, took maybe 10-15 minutes, I didn't time it, but I have learned to pull it sooner rather than later, you can always cook it some more, but you can't undo it if overdone, this was perfect;

Plated;

A few bite shots;
The salmon, as you can see, very moist;

The fettucini;

The sprouts;

Slmon with a little tarter sauce;

This was all delicious. My "experimental" piece of salmon was wonderful, the hint of sweet behind the smoke and savory was delicious. Not necessarily sure which I favored, with or without the brown sugar, both were great. I make my own tarter sauce, but in all honesty, the salmon was so good, it wasn't really needed. As you can see, the salmon was very moist.
Will absolutely try again!

Hope you enjoyed!
KC

Thanks from: --->