• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Chicken rub inquiry

G3BBQTEAM

Reaction score
I'M LOOKING FOR A GREAT CHICKEN RUB! ANY SUGGESTIONS? i HAVE MY STANDARD RUB I NORMALLY USE BUT IM LOOKING FOR A NEW TASTE!!

Not trying to plug again, but slap to daddy chicken rub is my favorite right now. You can get it on big poppa smokers website.

To add, the reviews have all been really good.

Try rubbing your chicken with a real light glue of mayo, season with Harley's. Oh man! Just sayin!

Chicken is really easy to overpower. I like to get my flavor into chicken with a brine. Salt, sugar and fresh herbs.

If it is a whole bird, I also stuff it with fresh herbs. If it is chicken parts, I just use a little fresh ground pepper.

My chicken would probably suck in a comp, because you can taste the chicken, but I love it.

BTW, you don't have to shout. You can turn the caps-lock off. :becky:

CD

Not trying to plug again, but slap to daddy chicken rub is my favorite right now. You can get it on big poppa smokers website.

To add, the reviews have all been really good.

I used to have his rub recipe but can't find it.

I make a compound butter with lemon pepper and some other stuff.
Brain farts all day when I remember I'll post

My current favorites are Plowboys Yardbird and Tasty Licks Savory Poultry, very different flavor profiles, but both are very good.

KC

Tried the Plowboy's last week and it was pretty good.

what's also good is to make a simple seasoning and rub it under the skin of the chicken

Back