How does weather affect your business.

Pyle's BBQ

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was wondering how much weather affects your business? I have noticed that if the is crappy, things slow down. Now for those of you that don't known, I have a restaurant in a town of 2500. One of the major draws is the bike trail that goes through town. I understand that will be weather dependent, but it is the regular crowd that is not on bikes that I notice stay home when weather is not nice. Like today it is to rain all day. I am not expecting a busy day. Just wondering out loud I guess.

I just cant see how weather should effect your business?
Even on the most blustery days of winter people want to eat bbq?

If it is a stormy day, people around here tend to hunker down and stay home.

Hits me hard over here but I roll with it. :)

weather has an effect on EVERY biz...too hot people dont eat--too cold they dont travel...however some days...they come out of the wood work...

I usually plan on doing 1/3 rd of my normal sales on cold, rainy days. That said, there's not much rain here in So Cal ;^)

weather has an effect on EVERY biz...too hot people dont eat--too cold they dont travel...however some days...they come out of the wood work...

Maybe from a food truck or a roadside stand but a restaurant is climate controlled and usually dry. :cool:

I usually only plan to sell from my trailer on good weather days. I figured a rainy day would be a dead day. One day last year I got caught up in an unexpected rain storm, they lined up to buy from my trailer in the rain just like the sun was shining.

Not true bb bubba..at the resturant we will cut back on bad weather days or extremly hot. Around here in the spring on a nice day they work around the yards and if it is hot they hang around the pool or beach..however I did a town beach blast with real good bands playing ..foreworks etc and it was dead..dead..way tooo hot that day and people did not even go to the beach..after 8 pm it got a little busy ..but even vending or the rest I watch the weather and adjust..around here the weather affects the grocery stores, home depot..everyone..

Back