Possible CL Performer Score!?!

I personally think you might be able to live with that crack. Also might ask him if he can call and have the table fixed before you pick it up b/c its probably still under warranty.

Picked it up for $100, going to give it a cleaning and assess the damage then figure out what I'm going to do from there. It's in good shape and has a nice cover and a full tank of propane, so we'll see what the weekend brings. So in less than a week I bought a clean Smokey Joe for $4 and a fairly clean Performer for $100, tis been a good week.

That full tank of propane is worth 45 dollars in Memphis if you're paying for the tank too. I'd call that a score at 100 dollars for the whole kit.

I personally think you might be able to live with that crack. Also might ask him if he can call and have the table fixed before you pick it up b/c its probably still under warranty.

Already picked it up yesterday. I've called about a replacement table, its $58 + $7 for shipping. It's a 2006 model, so not sure if they'd cover it, especially since I'm not the original owner.

That full tank of propane is worth 45 dollars in Memphis if you're paying for the tank too. I'd call that a score at 100 dollars for the whole kit.

Yep, they are $49.99 down here in the Houston area, I have a 1 propane tank for my turkey fryer/crawfish boiler/homebrew maker, been wanting a backup.

If its a Weber cover, they cost 40-50.00 alone, 40.00 for a tank full of propane.

So I figure you have about 20.00 in the grill. Get the new table from Weber and you have a new Cool Grey Performer.

I have a '77 grey 18.5 daisy wheel kettle. It's a different grey color though.

Be sure and post your Performer with the new table. I am picking up my second SS Performer and a SS Platinum on Sat. The Performer eliminates all of the negatives of using charcoal.

You know you might call Weber customer service and mention that you received a Performer as a gift and the table broke. :idea:

If its a Weber cover, they cost 40-50.00 alone, 40.00 for a tank full of propane.

So I figure you have about 20.00 in the grill. Get the new table from Weber and you have a new Cool Grey Performer.

I have a '77 grey 18.5 daisy wheel kettle. It's a different grey color though.

Be sure and post your Performer with the new table. I am picking up my second SS Performer and a SS Platinum on Sat. The Performer eliminates all of the negatives of using charcoal.

You know you might call Weber customer service and mention that you received a Performer as a gift and the table broke. :idea:

You know what? Weber is sending me a replacement table for FREE! Incredible customer service. I'll have it later this week, gotta go get the rest of it cleaned up and ready. Enjoy your Sunday Brethren!

Back