• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

So I have this..thing

PimpSmoke

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Bro's

I have a chance to go into my meat sponsors butchering room, and ask for the cuts I want. Let me re-phrase, I can go into the locker, and tell the butcher how I want him to cut my stuff, for free (sponsored).

Any help would be awesome. I know what to look for in pre-cut meat. But, when you have the chance to stand there and tell the butcher how to cut, what do you look for?

What (besides, get as much loin in the shoulder as you can) do you look for?

Help.

Wish I could help you bro... I mean, I know what to look for in packaged goods, I know how loose a brisket should feel, I know the bigger the MM on a butt the better, but to tell you how it should be cut is beyond me...

Wish I could help you bro... I mean, I know what to look for in packaged goods, I know how loose a brisket should feel, I know the bigger the MM on a butt the better, but to tell you how it should be cut is beyond me...

I kind of figured that much, but I also figured it wouldn't hurt to try.:thumb:

Tell them to leave extra meat on the ribs (beef and pork).

Tell them to leave extra meat on the ribs (beef and pork).

I on occassion while judging I run into someone who knows a butcher and brings to a contest the biggest fattest rib sections with a huge unatural chunk of loin still attached to the top of the rib (looks like a dam Camel).
You would be surprized the comments from the judges after turn in...
Just sayin!
Ed

I on occassion while judging I run into someone who knows a butcher and brings to a contest the biggest fattest rib sections with a huge unatural chunk of loin still attached to the top of the rib (looks like a dam Camel).
You would be surprized the comments from the judges after turn in...
Just sayin!
Ed

So, no chops for ribs. Good info, keep it comin':becky:

keep thing away from butchers cleaver.

OK seriously - leave a little extra fat on the brisket if you plan to wet age. Cut all the loin off the ribs, more is not better and could get a DQ for country style. A butt is a butt, enough saud unless it's in bed with you tonight and even then it's all a personal preference. And only you and you alone can trim chicken. (Drifters reference)

And remember the immortal words from the movie The Big Chill, there's no good music since 1970. Country excepted of course.

keep thing away from butchers cleaver.

OK seriously - leave a little extra fat on the brisket if you plan to wet age. Cut all the loin off the ribs, more is not better and could get a DQ for country style. A butt is a butt, enough saud unless it's in bed with you tonight and even then it's all a personal preference. And only you and you alone can trim chicken. (Drifters reference)

And remember the immortal words from the movie The Big Chill, there's no good music since 1970. Country excepted of course.

Classic Ford !!!:clap2:

Back