Do you add anything to pulled pork after pulling?

I add more of the rub after pulling. And if it is going to sit in chafers, then I add apple juice too.

My first few cooks I mixed in some Original Bullseye. About six months ago I stopped adding BBQ sauce and haven't looked back. I'm really enjoying the taste of the smoke, rub, and meat flavor.

I add some Eastern Carolina Sauce (vinegar, brown sugar, salt, crushed red pepper, splash of hot sauce)

I always pour apple juice over it and sprinkle it with some rub and stir it all in.

Of course, I'm usually portioning, vacuum sealing and freezing it for later. The AJ and rub always benefit greatly upon reheating...making the PP nice and moist and flavorful.
If I'm serving right away, I usually skip the AJ, sometimes not. I find that the AJ helps it from drying out.

If my injection works as it should, nothing should be added except a little sauce as desired.

Nekkid here.

How I serve the pulled pork I mean - I'm fully clothed at the moment.

But the day is still young! :whoo:

I always add some juice and some rub to the pulled meat.

If in a party. I serve it naked then with sauce on the side . that way they can have it the way they like it .

I've done less than 10....first couple I proudly dumped my homemade sauce in and mixed her up. Last couple have been naked, sauce on the side.

Never thought to add in some rub (probably because I never have any leftover :becky:) or sprinkle in some AJ... think I'll try something like that next time.

That's mostly why I love this place...ideas ideas ideas! :hail:

The same way everybody in NC does-with some Carolina vinegar sauce. I also usually add some black pepper. If I'm going to freeze it for later, I vacuum-seal it nekkid, then add sauce when reheating it.

i don't have set thing. sometimes nothing, sometimes some more rub, sometimes a vinegar sauce, rarely if ever regular bbq sauce.

Back