View Single Post
Old 01-15-2019, 03:30 PM   #1
bdadams84
Knows what a fatty is.

Default LSG Offset Cabinet

I'm looking to purchase my first stick burner. I am currently very interested in the Lone Star Grillz 30" offset cabinet smoker. I know this is a newer model and has been around for about a year now. That being the case for y'all who have them what do y'all think?

I've noticed that everyone raves about the build quality. I do wonder for the cabinets specifically, how evenly can you get them to cook with the tuning plates? If I were to do a hot cook at 325 or 350 for let's say a turkey cook, would the falanged doors bind at all at the higher temperatures?

Any one have any other recommendations in the same class of smoker? I do want a 1/4" steel minimum for the cook chamber. I really don't care if it's a horizontal or vertical style cooker. I'm really just starting serious research now. I'll probably budget $3000-3500 for everything to include shipping. I'm not in a rush as this will be a graduation gift to myself at the end of this year.

“How did it get so late so soon? It's night before it's afternoon. December is here before it's June. My goodness how the time has flewn. How did it get so late so soon?” ~Dr. Seuss

Last edited by bdadams84; 01-15-2019 at 09:10 PM..
bdadams84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->