Country Fried Steak and Egg w/pron

B

Buster Dog BBQ

So Monday night I was watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives and they showed some really good looking country fried steak and it made me really hungry.

When I got home tonight we had some sirloin in the fridge that needed to be used. So I fired up the Big Green and and put on the extended grid. I then went and cut the sirloin into thirds (one for each of us) and seasoned with some Bovine Bold. I then got some flour with cracked black pepper and kosher salt, and an egg/milk combo. I dredged, then egg wash, then dredge again. I used an enamel cast iron and veggie oil. Each steak cooked about 4-5 min each. While I was doing this my wife made some real mashed potatoes and gravy.

Next time I will use a thinner piece of meat that I don't have to cook so long and would like the breading a little crispier.

111709-1.jpg

111709-2.jpg

111709-3.jpg

111709-4.jpg

111709-5.jpg

111709-6.jpg

Brother, that just looks Good!!

That looks great.. I love a good country fried steak!

dayums, I would hit that!

If you want your meat thinner a good approach is to pound it thin. The old gal who taught me to make CFS said you have to pound your meat flat, and that's the way I always do it.

seattlepitboss

I thought you pounded meat to make it....ok, penalty box.

I've always wanted to say this (at least for the past 4 months) I would SO hit that!!!

Gosh, I haven't had country fried steak since I was a kid. My Mom used to make it all the time and used top round that was pounded to kingdom come. It sure was good, but that's about the only way you can use that cut of meat so it doesn't taste like shoe leather. If you use a thinner cut of sirloin then give it a decent pounding, I think you'd be very happy with your results next time...

I gotta bunch of ribeyes in the freezer... You just gave me an idea!!!! Looks great!!

Looks great! We have it regularly but use cube steak or tenderized round for CFS and home made steak fingers.
"If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you
have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?"

Back