Ugly Drum Smoker Photo Gallery

Some Mods to the DrumPit I've been playing with....much fun was had..

Later_That_Day.jpg

Lid_Raised_Front.jpg

Lid_Raised_Rear.jpg

Lid_Raised.jpg

oak_handle.jpg

Photos of my first UDS build. The project was inspired by the popular science article but fueled by this board. Still some mods to do but it's ready for seasoning. The lid is from a new uniflame kettle I bought at walmart - the hinges needed new holes drilled and I had to flange out the back of the lid a touch.

Edit - photos don't seem to link. They are here:

http://www.smugmug.com/gallery/23996542_n7nVmQ#!i=1947743031&k=24ngBmv

23996542_n7nVmQ

23996542_n7nVmQ

23996542_n7nVmQ

23996542_n7nVmQ

23996542_n7nVmQ

23996542_n7nVmQ

23996542_n7nVmQ

Last edited:
Basic

This is my basic UDS. Oh and my guard dog of the meat. Keeping hungry neighbors away since 2010.

Attachments

• IMG_4104.jpg
    IMG_4104.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,805
Big Blue Smoker

Here she is....almost complete. I have few more bling items to put on her but for now she is done. Being from KY and home of the 2012 National Champions Kentucky Wilcats that is the theme we are going with. Going to add a diamond plate license plate and a few decals to finish it off. Had a few issues with tape bleeding but other than that I am pleased.

Diamiond plate side table can be rotated for storage. But might need to wear a welding mask when the sun is out. That sucker is BRIGHT! lol I might be able to use it to sear what I am cooking. lol

Last edited:
I finally made it thru the monster UDS thread, and wanted to post pics of my build. Nuthin' fancy, but makes good 'q. Thanks to all the Brethren who led the way ...

Attachments

• View1.jpg
    View1.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1,831
  • View2.jpg
    View2.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 1,825
  • View3.jpg
    View3.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 1,825
uds smoker photo gallery

I have made several UDS smokers in the last year and would like to share them with you all.

Flex, the picture isn't showing up for me. Try Photobucket or a similar service if you don't have any luck with the method you are using.

Last edited:
Cleveland Browns UDS build

I just wanted to show off the latest build. Its in a Cleveland Browns paint scheme for a buddy of mine. Turned out pretty good for just using ole rattle can paint. Its a typical build except I used a BGE type sliding intake fabricated out of some scrap aluminum from work. The side table is red wood stained pine boards with common shelf brackets with wing nuts on the inside to allow removal for storage. It also has 2 grill grates. Still working on perfecting hinges for future builds so for now just a removable lid. Can't wait for him to pick it up and see the look on his face.

Thanks for all who have posted on this site. Couldn't have done it without all the valuable information!

Hey,

On your UDS where did you get the Texas piece from?

Thank you in advance

Back