Weekend chicken and chuckie

Garyclaw

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Saturday I picked up this 5 lb. plus birb and decided do a Spatchcock with some of Plowboys Yardbird:

102_0500.jpg

Was running low on Kingsford so I split up some cherry wood for fuel too.
It turned out pretty nice. Had a great flavor with the Yardbird outside and under the skin:

102_0505.jpg

Plated with some sweet corn from our garden and asparagas:

102_0507.jpg

It was very tasty.

Sunday morning I put a Chuck and some fresh kielbasi on Black Betty(UDS):

102_0508.jpg

We all just munched on the sausage all day and watched the race so there's no finished shots of it. It tasted sooo good cut up in 3 in. chunks right off the drum.
Shreded the chuck up for some sammies, with some blackbeans and rice.

102_0511.jpg

It was goooood.:-D On an onion bun:

102_0509.jpg

It was a good weekend. Thanks for lookin.:wink:

Looks awsome!

How long did the Chuckie take to get pull apart?

I think it was around 4 hr. @ an average of 250*f. Think the internal was about 170* or so,(maybe a little less) Then foiled for an hour with a little sauce.

I know this is not a lot of help with my estimates but when you stick the probe in and it feels tender, that's good enough for me.:lol:

Race was on and I kind of lost track of time.:rolleyes: A great,inexpensive meal if you find it on sale somewhere.

I think it was around 4 hr. @ an average of 250*f. Think the internal was about 170* or so,(maybe a little less) Then foiled for an hour with a little sauce.

I know this is not a lot of help with my estimates but when you stick the probe in and it feels tender, that's good enough for me.:lol:

Race was on and I kind of lost track of time.:rolleyes: A great,inexpensive meal if you find it on sale somewhere.

I know you just have to cook it 'til it's done...just curious about time as the last chuckie I did just took forever to pull apart. It was tasty though!

Nice job Gary, its making me hungry. In our Parts DMC! = Damm Good Chicken ( Yea we know the letters don't match but wer'e special.
Park it! Grill it! Eat it!

Back