Is anyone even going to enter this TD? I thought we might have seen some entries by now... :tumbleweed:

mysterymeat.jpg

Anyone know what kind of meat this is?

Gooey duck?

Smoked - Braised Plate Short Ribs

OK, here is my first entry into a throwdown :clap2:.

I went to my favorite butcher shop to find a Lesser Known cut of meat. I saw Plate Cut short ribs. Pretty rare around here so I picked some up.

First I smoked them then put them in a pan to braise until tender.

Web6.jpg

Web7.jpg

They were good!

Here is the full post

Jeff

I've got Andrew Zimmer here to help me out with a Haggus jacked up with pig and lamb Peni. I made him apply the rub.
Also hard to shove all that into a bladder and get it cooked on the smoker. Maybe it's the oatmeal in the bladder or something but it keeps moving back and forth.

My bad!

I've got Andrew Zimmer here to help me out with a Haggus jacked up with pig and lamb Peni. I made him apply the rub.
Also hard to shove all that into a bladder and get it cooked on the smoker. Maybe it's the oatmeal in the bladder or something but it keeps moving back and forth.

My bad!

I think I've read this four times and I laugh just as hard each time. I think it is the oatmeal or maybe the whole farkn thing. I don't really care at this point. Thanks Marty.

I stopped at one of our local grocery stores last night that caters to the Hispanic community. I recognized most of the meats there. But there were a couple of cuts that looked odd to me, so I picked them up. They were labeled, "Espinazo Con Lomo" and "Espinazo Delgado". My plan is grill it up tonight. And maybe stop by the grocer down the road that caters to the Polish community to see if they have something funkier.

And, this is probably going to be hard if you only shop at SuperWalmart. If you have a ethic grocery store, that might be a good solution. But remember, it isn't unknown, or bizare cuts of meat. It is just lesser known. I sat there and stared at the Pork Belly strips they had. We all know Pork Belly for bacon, but I've seen very few cooks of it. I could vote for an amazing pork belly dish. Just an example.

Back