Discussion Thread: BBQ Brethren "Big Farking Burrito" Throwdown (Non-Quality, Possibly Delinquent Discussion *BE WARNED*)

caseydog

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I'm not a Throwdown moderator, but I played on on TV, and I once stayed in a Holiday Inn Express. Our new TD category is...

"Big Farking Burrito"

picture.php

As chosen by Ummm, Me for my winning dish in the carob bean throwdown, even though he.... er I, used no carob beans.

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING

We've had tacos and South of the Border TDs, but I don't recall seeing a burrito TD. So, get (or make) some big-arse tortillas, and stuff 'em full of whatever you want.

CD

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 5/3 through Sunday 5/12.

Entry pictures must be submitted by 6 a.m. Central US Time on Monday morning 5/13.

Click here to READ THE RULES for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

This thread is for all general discussion of the category, entries, be that discussion on topic or wackadoodled to any various degree. Woodpile rules will be enforced in this thread in regards to moderation in this thread. The entry thread will eventually be created by bigabyte or Moose.

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I took my pants off to start this thread, so it should be official. :becky:

CD

I believe that is La Bamba's. I made this place rich when I was in college, usually at about 3 a.m. :wink:

DAYAM! Very Impressive! Click the thread! Mighty Fine! But did you list it as your "Official Entry"? They are funny about these things.

So how big are the entry burritos supposed to be? :confused:

I'm assuming as big as one's head, at least...

dear gawd, where am I going to find a size 8 tortilla

So how big are the entry burritos supposed to be? :confused:

I'm assuming as big as one's head, at least...

You don't have to include antlers in head measurements.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9vzd8twVBI"]Man v. Food - The B3 Burrito Challenge in Vegas - YouTube[/ame]

CD

I'll be honest. I fired this one up a little over a week ago, so I reckon I be dq'd.

It was one of those nights I just had to work with what I had. What I had was the need to think outside the bun. Seems like I have an inexhaustible supply of Mexican ingredients as well as a hamburger paddy. So here we go. Thought I'd marinate the ground chuck patty with light olive oil, aged balsamic, and worsester sauce:

Out to the pit we go, where I cooked it indirect under the influence of mesquite

Dusted it with good ol' Chef Merito's carne asada seasoning (You may already know how much I wuvs that stuff).

I could have eaten it right here as it is:

But I had bigger (much bigger) plans in mind. While the patty was smokin', I broke out the extra grande size tortillas and began building. First, some chopped salad, onions, and red jalapenos.

Then salsa, queso fresco, and crema mexicana

Lastly the paddy:

I wrapped it all up first in one tortilla, then inverted and wrapped again with another tortilla. Here is a cross sectional view. Sorry about the pics-- Appears like I somehow smeared my lens. My taste buds went wild over the flavors of this burger. :-D

Sweet, I was thinking along the same lines this morning! Glad I changed my mind!

This is my response to a taunt in the entry thread, in the whack-a-doodle thread, where it belongs. :becky:

Bwa ha ha ha! :twisted:
Perfect time for me to insert another entry. :wink:

Yes, but this is a regular TD, not a special TD, so you can only have one entry that counts in voting. If you make more than one, you will have to choose one of them as your official entry for voting, or it will be chosen for you.

Since we have a new guy making the polls, do you really want to make his job harder? You get one entry in a regular TD. Rulz is rulz. :cool:

CD :becky:

Back