Has anyone used Carbon Del Sur Charcoal?

sandpig78

Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.
Reaction score
Does anyone have info/reviews of hardwood lump charcoal Carbon Del Sur? Currently available, but I cannot find out much about it..

Here's

Hopefully someone that has tried it will chime in. I wouldn't pay so much attention to the "advertising" lingo they are using. It states made in Columbia. I couldn't find what type of wood is used in the making of the lump. I buy bags (literally brown paper sacks with a plastic grocery sack inside full of lump) at the mom and pop meat market I go to. That stuff comes from Mexico. Pretty much, good sized stuff, but some smaller stuff and some dust. But overall, good stuff. I've never found "building material" type wood in there. They claim it's mesquite.......could be, could be a mix of stuff.​
I tried to access the Nakedwhiz website from work, but couldn't. They may have a rating and trial posted on their site. Not much help, but hopefully someone that has tried it will add to the thread.​
Bob​
I don't know what the title of the thread has to do with the topic, but changing the title to match the topic would encourage more people to click on it.​

Picked a bag up at RD a couple of weeks ago.

It had consistent sized large "chunks" for the most part (not much flooring or other lumber scraps). Seems to burn well although the one downfall was that is sparked like crazy when ignited.

I was lighting a corner of the firebox with a Propane Torch and a spark flew back at me and nailed me on my eyelid (luckily I closed my eye just in time or it may have been my eyeball!).

Other than the sparking at startup it is a good charcoal and the price was right ($8.65 a 18# bag if I recall correctly)

Back