• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Charlotte, NC next week

Stlsportster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
In on Monday the 12th in the afternoon. Out on Thursday before dinner. Will be trapped in conference rooms all day but will need 3 nights of dinner. Hook me up with some local Que options.

Not the commercial stuff. What the locals eat.

I know it's a drive, but it's GOOD (and completely worth it).

Lexington Barbecue

No idea if it's even possible, but thought I'd throw it out there.

Unfortunately that's 65 miles from where I'll be and I'm not the guy renting the car. I'll keep it in mind. But doubtful.

Saw some old threads recommending Midwood smoke house or. mac's speed shop.

I've been to Midwood Smokehouse. It is upscale for BBQ. It is popular for the business crowd. They have a nice menu. They have things like tacos and smoked salmon salad, as I recall. I've eaten there maybe half a dozen times, but I could not tell you what I've even had as I found the food rather forgettable. It is not a bad place to go for a business-type dinner with colleagues who like BBQ, but who don't own a pit. They have beer and wine, etc. If you want really good BBQ, go to Lexington. Totally worth it. Another option is to get some South Carolina BBQ. I don't know if there is anything in the area. You're 90 miles north of Columbia....

Mac's Speed Shop meat sampler. St Louis Ribs, Pulled pork, brisket, Texas smoked sausage, fries and cheese grits!

GGT2xfcl.jpg

Looks like you're finding some good 'cue on your own.

It's not barbecue, but if you're even close, Lupie's Cafe was a serious favorite hotspot for lunch when I was growing up.

If you're there on Thursday - Chicken and Dumplings (special).... Oh, and save room for the Banana Pudding!

We like 521BBQ just south of Charlotte in Indian Land, SC. Just AVOID the slaw, it's hands down the worst I've ever tried.

Back