Contest Announcment People's Choice Rib Cook Off - Hickville, NY - September 17th, 2011

The documents are not working for me.......little help ??

considering I grew up in hicksville for 27 years and now patrol hicksville (south of OCR), I'm definitely in.

A buddy of mine and myself are forming a team and are looking forward to this being our very first competition!

Are they going to be full sized spare ribs or baby backs?

A buddy of mine and myself are forming a team and are looking forward to this being our very first competition!

Are they going to be full sized spare ribs or baby backs?

This looks like a good first comp, entry fee and all &
one thing to cook................good luck

see ya there

Any word on this?

Thanks!

I haven't gotten an answer yet because it will probably come down to what the vendor has a surplus of when it get's close to the event.
I'm willing to bet that they will be St Louis style spare ribs though.
Once I have a definitive answer, I will let you know.

hey bud,

so the ribs will be supplied to us? how many rack will we have to make? since its a public voting event will the amount be a lot? because if you run out you wont get any more votes.

I'm going to send my app in. Are you guys going to wait to cash the checks until we get closer to the event?

I think that you will be getting a bunch of local teams jumping on board after the Battle of the BBQ Brethren.

Eric

hey bud,

so the ribs will be supplied to us? how many rack will we have to make? since its a public voting event will the amount be a lot? because if you run out you wont get any more votes.

I'm going to send my app in. Are you guys going to wait to cash the checks until we get closer to the event?

The Hicksville FD is going to provide each team with 2 cases of ribs. There are 12 racks of ribs in each case, so every team will have 24 racks of ribs.
As far as cashing your check, i'm not sure, but i will find out and get back to you.

I think that you will be getting a bunch of local teams jumping on board after the Battle of the BBQ Brethren.

Eric

I agree. Some of the members of the Hicksville FD will be at BOTB introducing themselves to all of the teams, handing out flyers, answering questions and trying to boost teams enrollment in this event.

Thanks! My buddy and I will be there as team EZCue. We were considering Bad Back BBQ since we've both had back surgeries, but liked EZCue better as it is our initials.

I will be there, have not sent app in...will be at the battle of the brethren are you attending that ? to have a look at what goes on ?

I like the bad back bbq....

I need to get another smoker to be able to enter

Sent from my DROIDX

Just wanted to resurrect this thread and let everyone know that a few of the firefighters from the Hicksville FD will be at BOTBB this Saturday going around to each of the teams to introduce themselves and drum up some interest in this event.

Back