Reverse flow complete

FatDaddy

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Got it done. Still gonna rebuild the trailer and get it all sand blasted and repainted. but she is done enough to grease down and reseason. Here are the finished pics with a couple of innaugral fatties. ran her about 375-400 for a while then almost let the fire go out before my brother decided we should cook something. damn near ran out of wood tryin to get her back up to temps. but they turned out good. here are some pics.
100_0958.jpg
100_0953.jpg

Looks good. You'll love her more when she get her wheels.

:lol: Norco here are some pics of the rework just for you. Stepdad did 90% of the work. Hes a great welder and quick. i mainly got to grind stuff down and help with measurements.
100_0933.jpg

100_0934.jpg

100_0935.jpg

100_0937.jpg

100_0938.jpg

100_0946.jpg

100_0945.jpg

100_0943.jpg

Nice mods! Does it burn more wood or less?

dunno yet. fired it up yesterday and burned half a bag of kingsford and probably 7 logs and kept it above 220* for probably 6+ hours. (guesstimate) i had it running wide open to reseason the inside. today will be the real test. ive got 2 racks of spares and all the trimmings in right now..i loaded about 20# KF and got it up to temp and hoping to maintain with my last 3 logs a bag of mesquite chunks and another 20# bag of KF. definitly takes some getting used to tryin to learn a new system.

Thats an awesome rig cant wait to see it when its all done

Man that thing looks nice and your right it's hard getting used to a new system. Just changeing charcoal sometimes really screws me up with my smokers.

Took me 2 or 3 cooks to get used to the reverse mod. Now that I have it, don't know how I lived without.

Nice job. Let us know when you do your first long burn and how it goes and whatcha think.

i did 2 racks of spares on it last sunday after getting it finished. all i had with me was 4 logs that were in the box. so i used a 20# bag of Kingsford to get it going, and added the logs when it needed it and a few chunks of mesquite from a bag i bought at HD, it worked really well. i think it took a little longer to heat up than usual but defiantly didnt need as much fuel. we also plugged up a 2-3 "hole in the back lower corner of the firebox which im sure helped quite a bit. dont know if ill be doing in long over nights with this one any time soon. Love my WSM for that. This was my first pit that i got for free that my sted dad won in a baseball raffle for 5$ in 2002 so im glad we are finally getting around to fixing it up.

Glad it went well, and I think you will like this pit a lot more in the long run.

Looks great, Hope you cooked the old man something special for all the hard work. Thanks for the pics.

think im gonna cook some more ribs and possibly a pork shoulder this sunday for the inlaws. and my parents may be coming up as well. kinda like having a new toy all over again.

Back