So how many of you?

Michael Cowley

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Own the FEC120? If so can you let me know some of the basics? I just bought one and will have it delivered asap. I have about 180 lbs of meat to smoke on the 6-7th of december and need all the help I can get so as to make it successful. Any tips, hints, need to knows about this smoker when I get it???

Are there any ports on the side I can run my probes through? Did you guys drill holes for your probes and wires? Run them through the exhaust? Through the door? Let me know you secrets...

I have a FEC-100. I just close the doors on my probes no problem.

I'd suggest checking in at Cookshack's site as well. There is a wealth of information there that is specific to your cooker.

I just close my doors on the FEC100. People I know that own an FEC120 say the biggest difference is it takes a lot longer to come up to temp, so start it a couple of hours before you need it. There isn't much of a difference in temp top to bottom on the 120, but other than that it comes a lot like the 100.

Don't forget to vacuum the fire pot out after it's cooled down, you will have few problems if you do.

Back