Whipping up my first batch of Popdaddy's Red and Wett Sauce...and Hit me Fred Sauce

Philly-QueMaster

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm in the process of whipping up my first batch of Popdaddy's Red and Wett sauce as well as his Hit Me Fred sauce. Has anyone else made either of these sauces? Just wondering if anyone has any tips while I make them. The Red and Wett sauce is simmering now and should be done in about 20 minutes. It smells really good. I'll post some pics soon.

You will really enjoy both. If you are following the recipes as written be prepared to either can some or give some away. I want to say you will end up with close to a gallon or more of each.

Thanks just finished the batch of Red and Wett...has a nice sweet and spicey taste. I'm curious to see how it tastes after it cools and the flavors have had time to get "funky". Anyways here is a pic.

Attachments

• Red_&_Wett_BBQSauce.jpg
    Red_&_Wett_BBQSauce.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 157
Where can I get these recipe's. I did a search on the Brethern Recipe page and they were not listed there. Any help is appreciated.

I could pm you some help but you're not taking pm's. :confused:
I'm confused. I just looked at the messaging page and everything seems to be in order. I have received private messages from others. Look at my avatar please.

I'm confused. I just looked at the messaging page and everything seems to be in order. I have received private messages from others. Look at my avatar please.

It says this when I click on " Send a Private Message to J_Don".

J_Don has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

Here is a pick of the Hit Me Fred Sauce right before taking it off the burner. Tastes a little to mustardy for me right now....we'll see if the flavors mellow out after it chills for a while.

Attachments

• Hit_Me_Fred_Sauce.jpg
    Hit_Me_Fred_Sauce.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 114
'Hit Me Fred' is a regular at my house, and the in-laws love it as well. Hope you enjoy it as well!

'Hit Me Fred' is a regular at my house, and the in-laws love it as well. Hope you enjoy it as well!

Does it taste really mustardy when you make it? I know its a mustard based sauce but mine almost tastes like a flavored mustard as apposed to a bbq sauce. Do the flavors develop more after it has chilled and sit some time?

Thanks,
Patrick

Back