View Single Post
Old 02-26-2020, 05:48 PM   #65
food4thot
is One Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Erik, E

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwest_kc View Post
I live in the burbs, and grill/smoke in the driveway all the time. I literally don't remember the last time I did it in my backyard.

I don't have a covered area in the backyard, but I have a prep table set up with all my rubs and such in the garage, next to the garage door. My truck is always in the driveway, so I drag whatever I'm cooking with out onto the driveway between it and the garage door, and I can sit inside the garage if I need to stay out of the weather, while still being close to my prep area. It's a pretty ideal setup.
Your setup sounds similar to mine.

Have a 2-car garage with two garage doors. Can keep one open during cooks and the other one closed to hide my array of random stuff on that side.

Built a bar back in college for use in the dorm. Designed to be multi-functional. Served as a desk and allowed us to put the two university issued desks in storage, saving room space. Built it to also hold stereo components (large and heavy back-in-the-day). Looked pretty cool and got favorable comments from weekend visitors. Designed to be movable. Was very sturdy yet could break it down with a screwdriver and wrench/ratchet.

Bar is over 40 years old and been re-erected four times. Never thought I'd have it this long but it's now in my garage with a TV and laptop sitting on it...whilst the heavenly smell of cherry or pecan emanate from the cooker in the driveway.

Thanks from: --->