Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Westmont, IL Red, White, and BBQ 5/24-26th

Stoke&Smoke

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Finally starting to warm up a little in the midwest! Who's coming??
Biggest event ever this year!

I will probably show up...

It has grown every year from the first year and having 26 teams at that event. Now in it's 7th year and there are 72 teams. With a waiting list...

I am in and looking forward to it. I will be showing up Friday night. Hopefully, Standard Market still has some goodies when I get there.

They will have a ton, Rich. They are also going to be doing another side category. That announcement should be coming from Addington shortly. It hit a bump when the idiot cook on the bbq committee raised a point... :shock: what an idiot...

I'm looking forward to it. I don't think we have to worry too much about it being near 100 degrees this year

I'm going to hone my skills in the amateur contest.

I'm looking forward to it. I don't think we have to worry too much about it being near 100 degrees this year

Lets hope! My generator was working ot last year! Still, was better than WetMont the year (or two?) before!

We're planning on showing up. I've been there every year either judging or competing, so I can't break my streak :-D

I was trying to remember who has cooked them all. I would have said you, must have seen you before judging...:p

I was trying to remember who has cooked them all. I would have said you, must have seen you before judging...:p

Yep. The first two years I judged. Then we cooked until last year where I judged the amateur cookoff.

I was hoping to make this my first amateur comp... but my wife and I went and bought a house. This is the weekend we are moving. :mad: I am going to try and sneak away for a while to try and catch a glimpse of BBQ Pitmasters filming.

I'm cooking under the team name "Smoke Wind & Fire", but will be flying the GE Backyard BBQ banner. :der: Stop by and say hello.

This is our next one.
We had to skip last year because we "had to" go down and pick up the Jambo on Memorial Day weekend.

Looking forward to it!
I get to meet a bunch more Brethren for the first time! :thumb:

This is our next one.
We had to skip last year because we "had to" go down and pick up the Jambo on Memorial Day weekend.

Looking forward to it!
I get to meet a bunch more Brethren for the first time! :thumb:

Oh poop... You're going to be there? Is it too late to back out?

:becky:

When is everyone showing up? Thinking about dropping trailer off friday so I don't have to fight the crowd sat morning, anyone (Scottie) know if there is a problem with dropping and leaving?

Back