Major Meat SCORE!

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
The Missus went to our local farmer's market to get some fish from the fishmomger, then headed over to the LA Farmer's market to pick up a Kobe Tri-Tip I had reserved yesterday. She picked up more than I had expected!

IMG_4157.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

For the fish, she got two pieces wild New Zealand salmon, a piece of Pacific Grouper, and two pieces sushi grade Ahi Tuna.

The red meat consists of one Snake River Farms Kobe Tri-Tip, two beautiful pork chops, two USDA prime bone in ribeye cowboy steaks, one prime beef chuck, and burger meat consisting of prime sirloin and prime chuck.

We're going to be in some good eats for a while! Tonight I'm going to do the the pork chops on the UDS, tomorrow we'll eat the ahi, and Tuesday, I have a cousin in from Australia, so we'll do the Tri-Tip so she can see how we Californians eat beef.

Life is good...

OMG, that tip looks amazing. It all does, I'm jealous for sure!

Dang! Is that from Huntington Meats - the guys on the south side of the market? I got some good stuff at a new place up Fairfax north of Melrose called Lindy & Grundy's. Not cheap at all, but absolutely amazing meat.

The Missus went to our local farmer's market to get some fish from the fishmomger, then headed over to the LA Farmer's market to pick up a Kobe Tri-Tip I had reserved yesterday. She picked up more than I had expected!

IMG_4157.jpg

IMG_4160.jpg

For the fish, she got two pieces wild New Zealand salmon, a piece of Pacific Grouper, and two pieces sushi grade Ahi Tuna.

The red meat consists of one Snake River Farms Kobe Tri-Tip, two beautiful pork chops, two USDA prime bone in ribeye cowboy steaks, one prime beef chuck, and burger meat consisting of prime sirloin and prime chuck.

We're going to be in some good eats for a while! Tonight I'm going to do the the pork chops on the UDS, tomorrow we'll eat the ahi, and Tuesday, I have a cousin in from Australia, so we'll do the Tri-Tip so she can see how we Californians eat beef.

Life is good...

Wow!
How much does your wife charge for meat & fish purchasing classes? I would like to sign my wife up immediately!

:doh: I forgot to mention the meat was from Huntington Meats. So how does Huntington compare to Lindy & Grundy's?

Dang! Is that from Huntington Meats - the guys on the south side of the market? I got some good stuff at a new place up Fairfax north of Melrose called Lindy & Grundy's. Not cheap at all, but absolutely amazing meat.

:doh: I forgot to mention the meat was from Huntington Meats. So how does Huntington compare to Lindy & Grundy's?

How much do they charge for the SRF Tri-tip? And do you have to pre-order it?

This one was $16.99 per lb, probably cheaper than USDA Prime from Gelson's or Bristol Farms. Value-wise, it's an amazing price since they also sell Kobe New York strips for $79.99 per lb. I'll take good Tri-Tip over NY Strips anytime of day, Kobe or not.

They stock the Kobe Tri's fairly regularly, just call ahead and they'll reserve however many you like.

http://huntingtonmeats.com

Here's a link to my first Kobe Tri-Tip cook:

www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98983

How much do they charge for the SRF Tri-tip? And do you have to pre-order it?

I've only been to Lindy & Grundy's once - last week. I got a shoulder or, as it turns out, some kind of similar cut from them. They are a very small operation. I think they get whole animals, butcher them, and sell what they have until it's gone. I got some chickens & they still had the feet and necks on - they had been harvested the morning of the day I got them. They have more of a slow food approach to things and all their meat is pastured, local, organic, etc. They are expensive but from what I've seen so far the meat is absolutely stellar. I will be going back there, but definitely not every weekend. It's an unusual spot and I hope they are around for a long time.

http://www.lindyandgrundy.com/

Huntington is bigger with a wider selection and you have the option of not paying super premium prices. There's also killer apple fritters at the donut place near there. At Lindy & Grundy's 100% of what they have is the organic type stuff. Parking is easier there, that's for sure. I feel very lucky to have both of them on the way home from work.

It all looks awesome! I cant get past the prices though! Wow...I must be buying dog food. :sick:

Cant wait to see the Pron!

Back