• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

KCBS Rules Question

Brew-B-Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Is it legal to use something like a camp stove (propane fueled) to heat a sauce during a competition? I think the answer is no, but I'm not sure.

My understanding is that you can use a gas stove to warm your sauce during a contest and not be in violation of any KCBS rule.

I've never taken the chance....I heat it in a pan on the weber directly over the coals....but I don't see where it would be a problem....I'm sure others will chime in if it is.

I've never taken the chance....I heat it in a pan on the weber directly over the coals....but I don't see where it would be a problem....I'm sure others will chime in if it is.

I put it a pan in the smoker for 20 -30 minutes, works fine. The camp stove should be okay. The sauce was heated when it was made, what's the difference?

I guess I could just check with the reps at the contest and see what their interpretation is. I could throw it on the smoker or kettle, but I have this nice burner that I carry to light coals, heat water, etc...it would just be easier and cleaner to do it that way. I sure would hate to get DQ'd over something so trivial.

It is 100% legal to heat sauce on a camp stove. (even in the microwave in a camper if you really wanted).

That exact question has been asked to KCBS and was answered.

Remember... its a MEAT contest:rolleyes:... KCBS rules center on the meat itself... not on the sauce or the rub...

It is 100% legal to heat sauce on a camp stove. (even in the microwave in a camper if you really wanted).

That exact question has been asked to KCBS and was answered.

Remember... its a MEAT contest:rolleyes:... KCBS rules center on the meat itself... not on the sauce or the rub...

I thought it was a garnish contest. :biggrin:

I'll go to my room now. :icon_blush:

I thought you could boil the ribs in the pot on the camp stove ! I'm going to a contest now! :p

Back