View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 04:55 PM   #1
fingerlickin'
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Smo-boiled pulled pork! Beware graphic pr0n inside!

Training for these throwdowns is mighty hard work sometimes. In order to keep myself in tip top throwdown shape with the crockpot TD coming up and all I decided to smo-boil some pork.

Some of you may wish to look away.

We had a party last Friday to break in the basement and watch the Flyers actually win a game. We ate pork sandwiches, Guerry's slaw (with carrots) and fried pierogies which also spent some time shriveling in the crockpot as the night went on.

10.5 lb butt and about a 3 lb tied up sholder roast. I thought I needed more meat last minute and they were out of whole butts. Turns out I had plenty to start with, as usual. Rubbed with SM Cherry and Tasty Licks Original.

This is what they looked like in the AM after about 8 hrs on the egg at 225* with a couple big chunks of cherry.

I think that's a 6 qt crock pot I have. I had to cut it up into big pieces to jam all the meat in there. I also dumped in the juice from the bottom of the pan.

I probably didn't need the pan juices and it's lucky I decided to lock the lid on my super duper traveling crockpot because it was pretty much overflowing when I got home from work, and pretty much boiling, even on low.

At this point I took out the chunks, pulled it, separated the fat out of the juice, mixed in some bbq sauce and put the pork and half the juice/sauce back in the crockpot for safe keeping.

Here's my plate.

I gotta be honest. It wasn't half bad. I can't wait to see if this technique works as well on ribs.

"I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - [I]Tommy Callahan III[/I][/COLOR][/COLOR]
[B][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkGreen][SIZE=3][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]Backwoods Ext. Party,[/COLOR][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE][COLOR=DarkGreen] [COLOR=Black]Vision Kamado,[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkGreen][COLOR=DarkGreen][B][COLOR=Black] 22" WSM[/COLOR][/B],[/COLOR] 22.5 Weber OTS, [/COLOR][/B][COLOR=DarkGreen][B]Mini WSM, [/B][COLOR=Red][B] UDS "No.8"[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=Teal] [COLOR=Black][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]Napkin Killers BBQ[/COLOR]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR]
fingerlickin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->