Found a UDS drum hook source. CHEAP! But I need y'all's help

ClintHTX

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
8 bucks a piece. I'm waiting to find out if he has lids. I know all I hear about is the dreaded red liner. Doesn't appear to be red looks more like grey maybe? Anyone have any experience with that liner on removal? Says it had oil paint in the drums. What are y'all's thoughts?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361712264.199487.jpg

No experience with oil paint in drums but I got one that was used to hold old motor oil. I built a wood fire in it and burnt the crap out of it. It did burn a lot of the exterior paint off but I was planning to repaint with hi-heat paint anyway. After the burn I went after it with a wire brush on a drill and finished with a mouse sander. It was a fair amount of effort but I got the drum for free and it was worth it to me. Eight bucks is crazy cheap and I think you could make it work.

No experience with oil paint in drums but I got one that was used to hold old motor oil. I built a wood fire in it and burnt the crap out of it. It did burn a lot of the exterior paint off but I was planning to repaint with hi-heat paint anyway. After the burn I went after it with a wire brush on a drill and finished with a mouse sander. It was a fair amount of effort but I got the drum for free and it was worth it to me. Eight bucks is crazy cheap and I think you could make it work.

I already have one UDS and have plenty of experience with the burn out haha! I'm not really too worried about the whole oil paint thing. If it won't burn out at over 600 degrees or so I'm not worried about it. If they have the lids ill be going for it. I think I'm going to build them for a few people so they can enjoy a UDS as much as I do.

Hell yeah getting 3 drums for 18 bucks. Sounds like a deal to me! Picking up tomorrow.

Back