• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pronucopia

BobBrisket

Reaction score
Been cooking, just haven't had the time to post it. Here's some misc pron with play by play.
Superbowl Pron. Carmelized onions, long green peppers, some of my homemade green chile sausage, kraut. I was going for a WI theme. Had the Charley's brat sauce out and used Spice House seasonings out of WI as well. Pics stopped when game started. Also had some wings with some pico de gallo seasoning. Not really hot, but tangy.
Superbowl2011002.jpg

Superbowl2011003.jpg

Superbowl2011005.jpg

Superbowl2011009.jpg

Superbowl2011010.jpg

7 bone steak meals. Steak Salad!:heh: And I was inspired to make some stuffed enchiladas using flour tortillas, they didn't suck, but I prefer corn torts instead. :becky:
Blizzardof2011009.jpg

001-1.jpg

Blizzardof2011011.jpg

Blizzardof2011016.jpg

Blizzardof2011017.jpg

Blizzardof2011021.jpg

Some smoked pork chile colorado and corn bread.
003-3.jpg

NJOY!

I'm with you on the corn tortillas. Way more flavor. But everything looks delicioius!
Sign me up!

Holy Fark! That is my kind of meal there! I love the Fiesta seasonings none of them suck! Those onions and wings kick arse!

Looks fantastic! Another corn tortilla fan here. I wanna try making some.

While both corn and flour torts can get soggy when making enchiladas, you can always sog proof the corn torts by giving them a quick fry in oil. After that, they maintain their texture pretty well. When the flour ones got soggy, they pretty much turned into raw dough again. Course, I could have held back on the red sauce, but that wouldn't be any fun now, would it? I'm just a big fan of stacked enchiladas using corn tortillas. Flour torts are still my favs for fried or toasted burritos and then drenched in sauce. I actually have an idea in mind where I'd like to try toasting the flour torts in a CI skillet till they get crispy and toasty. My grandmas made us a quick dessert by toasting the flour torts till they got super crispy. Then they drizzled honey over em, or spread butter on em and sprinkled brown sugar over it. My cousins and I later adapted the recipe to crispy torts and peanut butter. Good stuff!
Anyhow, I'd like to toast some up like that, maybe even wheat torts, and then make stacked enchiladas. Worth a try, I think.

Bob

A soft fried corn tortilla is hard to beat for making enchiladas. IMHO... of course.

Very nice spread!

Back