have not smoked in 2 years

Rick-in-LB

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Sad to say is I have not smoked anything in a couple of years. Well it was my wifes birthday this past Friday and she wanted pulled pork. I was going to use my Chargriller that I needed to repair and she suggested the Weber Smokey Mountain. Like I said I have not used this in a couple of years. Heck I never even cleaned it back then. Well yesterday I took off the cover and started cleaning it. Surprised it cleaned up to about 90%. I took out the box of wood that I had put away and starting cutting this up also. Well this morning at 3am I started my journey back to smoking with an 8 lb Butt. So far it is going as I remembered. I also put some Italian sausages while waiting. 9 hours into the smoke and less than 5 degrees to go till I pull it. I am glad the wife wanted pulled pork for her birthday meal.:wink: Just thought I would share

Rick

Welcome Back Sir- we like pictures - food, grills, smokers etc....

Those wsm's last a long time. Get your money's worth and use that thing. Glad to see your triumphant return.

picture.php

Hope the picture comes out!

Forgot a few things like... let it sit for a while and it is hot till it cools down! Yup it tasted goooood.

Last edited:
Welcome back! Looks like you remembered what to do...

I don't even know what he said. Just reading the thread title I start bawling.

:thumb::thumb:Well , your WSM still works pretty good. That's some fine looking BBQ. Welcome back , brother.:clap2:

The family loved it all I am glad to say. The sandwiches with the cole slaw was just right. Seeing 16Adams comment, I would of done the same thing. When I opened the WSM last night to clean it there was still chunks of wood from a couple of years ago. Now to let it cool down so I can get it ready for the next time.

Welcome back, I have to ask.....how were you able to stay away that long? I go thru withdrawals after a week or so!

Back