Deep Fried Wings

on the hook

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I know, but it's getting cold and I got a deal on pre-battered frozen wings...I've tried at 350 after thawing and by the time the meat cooks in on the bone, the outside is nuked....I have tried cutting the wings into pieces also, because the drum part takes longer than the other..Still get nuked..Plus then the batter comes off on a lot of spots too..

At a loss...

I've not tried pre-battered wings. The package didn't come with instructions? It sounds like the batter must contain sugar to get that well done before the meat. Wings are small!

Sorry I can't think of any advice.. maybe someone else will come along with an answer.

Hmmm, maybe they are meant to be baked?

Are these perhaps precooked and all you're supposed to do is drop frozen in the fryer until browned?

No, They are raw...No, haven't tried smoking either...just bags with like 30 rather big wings..Actually a real good price for the size..I've tried buying my own wings and they also seamed to cook the outside WELL before the centers were done...

They are better on the grill, but it's winter up here and they are battered...

You could try frying them at a lower temperature. I saw one of the "best fried chicken in the would" places on diners drive in's and dives fry theirs at like 275, they said it kept it moist.

Back