Tri-Tip Info.

B

Bushwacker

For those of us having a hard time trying to find "Tri-Tip" or your Mkt doesn't show it out in the Meat Case. here is a Link to a Short page Web site that explains where the Tri-Tip comes from along with "UPC code and the "NAMP Code" So you know what to ask for...:mrgreen: http://www.orbeef.org/Retail/tri-tip.html

anyway, hope this helps...Mario

Hey, Bushwacker, thanks for the info. FYI, I asked the butcher at Publix and he got me one - but they were not in the case:rolleyes: It was great.

Ahh, Good deal,, glad he knew what you were talking about. I'm gonna ask my Publix Butcher to get me one at the end of the month,, Do you remember how Much a Lb it was???

Thank you for the information. I took something into my butcher several months ago to no avail. Perhaps this will be meaningful to him.

Thanks, these guys around here look at me like I'm stupid when I ask for it. One even told me, "I've been doing this 10 years, someone's pulling your leg, there aint no such cut."

Some butcher, you can really tell this is hog country.

BW, it seemed a bit pricey at the time. Don't remember exactly but I want to say it was $11 for about a two pounder - and worth every cent IMO.

It actually is right next to the top sirloins as I understand it and the butcher told me they usually cut it into steaks. So, a little pricier than the "other roasts".

May do another one soon so will let you know for sure:wink:

I was born and raised in California. Some years back I moved to the mid west and couldn't find tri tip to save my arse. I was miserable. Now I'm back in CA and although I'm paying higher taxes, driving on the worst roads, my kids know how to put a rubber on a banana and in state with some of the highest crime it's ALMOST worth it just to have them tri tips again!

I was born and raised in California. Some years back I moved to the mid west and couldn't find tri tip to save my arse. I was miserable. Now I'm back in CA and although I'm paying higher taxes, driving on the worst roads, my kids know how to put a rubber on a banana and in state with some of the highest crime it's ALMOST worth it just to have them tri tips again!

Lol, that must truly be a princely cut of beef!

Back