How to adjust lid on BGE

gad99sten

Reaction score
The done slides back after I tighten the bolts thus making it unlevel. Ill try to post pics. Any recommendations will be appreciated! Thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 131
It is missing due to the top part of the dome rubbing. The reason it is rubbing is because it is sitting too far back. Got to be a simple solution but I'm new to this. Thanks!

I just got a large BGE.

I'd position the dome, tighten the bolts, lift the lid and it would immediately slide back. Called the dealer and he replaced the bands. Said it was the worst he'd seen.
I doubt this is your problem...

Maybe have someone push down on the rear of the dome while you tighten?

bge.jpg

ftp://my3girls.asuscomm.com/ROUTER/pics/bge.jpg

Loosen up both bands with lid down, just until loose-no more because the hinge is under high tension. Line up the dome over base. Tighten lower band making sure band is as far down on the base lip as it can be while keeping dome in position. Two persons, one to hold the dome down and one to work the bands is helpful.
Then tighten the top dome band making sure it is up onto the dome lip as far as possible and level all around. Check band bolts that all is good and tight because they loosen up with heat over time.

You will have better luck by cleaning ceramic lip and installing new gasket material where it's been pulled away before you adjust bands for a good seal.

Are you tightening one bolt until it is tight and then the other, or are you wrenching a little on both at a time? If you over tighten one before you start on the other you will have uneven tension on the band.

one more question

Should i loosen the eight nuts on the band next time I take the dome off to replace the basket? I'm not sure if these play a role in adjusting the bands or not. Thanks!

Should i loosen the eight nuts on the band next time I take the dome off to replace the basket? I'm not sure if these play a role in adjusting the bands or not. Thanks!

I would.
In the new setup instructions, it says to tighten those after the band is properly torqued.

Back