My First Fatty (pr0n)

C

ChrisHager

Well, I don't have my smoker built yet but I wanted to try one out. We cooked this on my gas grill with a small smoker box filled with lump charcoal and apple wood pieces. Cooked for 4 hours at around 250. Turned out great. The only thing we would have changed is the diced up bacon in the middle. It was still soft so we weren't crazy about it. All we stuffed it with was bacon and fresh diced garlic.

IMAG0185-1.jpg

IMAG0188-1.jpg

IMAG0190-1.jpg

The little smoker box:

IMAG0192-1.jpg

IMAG0198.jpg

IMAG0200.jpg

I only stuff my fatties with cooked meats never raw.

yea, next time just fry the bacon before putting it in, no worries there.

rest looks good.

Thanks guys! I too realized I probably should have fried it up first. Always room to learn, I guess!

Very nice You can just use wood chips in the box and do the gasser indirect Will still get a smoke flavor

Very nice You can just use wood chips in the box and do the gasser indirect Will still get a smoke flavor

That's a good point. I'll give that a try next time I used the gas side. Usually I use charcoal and in the near future, should have my UDS finished but it is nice holding a steady temp on a gas grill and not having to worry too much about it (since the UDS isn't finished yet).

Also, thanks for the compliments. Much appreciated! :)

Great idea, just a little adjustment in the execution....looks darn good anyway.
One of the things I'm enjoying about trial and error on the Q.....even the mistakes turn out pretty good:blabla:.

Great looking fatty! :thumb:
I agree about soft bacon... I like mine crisp too.
I use ham in the stuffing instead.

Back