Free Score

bgross88

Full Fledged Farker
Name or Nickame
B
I have a buddy who's a local musician and had a gig last night. Went with a bunch of friends to hang out, listen to him, and have a few cold ones. Turns out a local country music station was there as well--doing promos, giveaways, etc.

One of their items was a raffle--no charge--for this little guy. One of my friends won it and didn't want it. So he walks over and says, I know you have a ton of charcoal in your garage, and you're always cooking something, so why don't you take this?

After getting the "you don't need another grill/smoker" look from the Mrs....this is now sitting on my back deck.

Not a bad pickup for a night of free music and cheap beer!:clap2:

Attachments

• Pic1.jpg
    Pic1.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 306
  • Pic2.jpg
    Pic2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 309
i look at that one every time i walk thru walmart. love the color. if they discount them i am sure one will be added to my lineup. congrats you lucky farker!

That great, be a fun little unit, never seen one of them in the flesh

Very cool. I think even my wife would give her approval for that price.

I have one, it's a great little cooker! Get the smoking stone and it's even better. Unlike the larger models, these come sealed up pretty good so you can run them low & slow as well as HOT and fast.

Fired it up this AM to season the cast iron grate. It's super tight with zero leaks. Got it up to 450 for the seasoning and am now slowly dialing it down and playing with intakes to learn temp control/where it settles. I think I'm gonna throw some burgers on it later today for a simple first cook.

Definitely going to get s smoking stone for it. Thanks for the tip.

Back