• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cooking Pulled pork for 100 @ -43F with Pron!

Thanks for posting this! Looks great and am sure everyone enjoyed the Q.:thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: pwa
Clint must be one of Santa's Elves in the North Pole making some bbq at -40F for our troops.

You sir need to change your team name to Hardcore Cold BBQ

Man, that's freakin cold! It's 28 here and that's colder than I like. That cold damp Texas air makes it feel like - weather though!

• Thanks
Almost have to put the meat in the freezer to thaw it out in that kind of weather. :-D

This needs to be a sticky for easy reference for whenever someone wants to know if they can smoke on their UDS in cold weather.

Paul

• Thanks
And here I am thinking it's too cold in my 68* house. :oops:
Great looking food! Like the modified mason jar shaker too...probably common sense to everyone else but I've never seen it/never woulda thought of it!

Yea the Mason shaker works great, make a big batch of rub up, store it in the Mason Jar's. When it comes time to use, just put the drilled lid on it.

Thanks for posting this! Looks great and am sure everyone enjoyed the Q.:thumb:

They loved it!!

Almost have to put the meat in the freezer to thaw it out in that kind of weather. :-D

This needs to be a sticky for easy reference for whenever someone wants to know if they can smoke on their UDS in cold weather.
Paul

Yep the UDS's will turn out Fantastic Q no matter the weather as long as your willing!

Will you say hi to Santa and the gang for me???:biggrin1::biggrin1:

Sure thing he lives right down the road from me :razz:

santacausehouse.jpg

Thanks for serving those that are serving, most likely away from home/family over the holidays. I'm sure they enjoyed and appreciated it!

• Thanks
My hat is off to you! Good Job for a good cause!
I cooked 200 lbs of butt overnight last January with the low of 10° F... I will never complain again about it being too cold!

• Thanks
As promised here is a shot of the charcoal basket. It was 100% full to start. The Basket has a 16" diameter and 12" tall. I use WG Weekend Warrior lump almost exclusively.

20121221154317458.jpg

Back