Never used ginger before

ggriffi

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
So do you peel the skin off before grating or not?

Thanks,

gary

ggriffi said:
So do you peel the skin off before grating or not?

Thanks,

gary

I do. Just take my knife to it to remove the bark where I'm going to grate.

Yes, the eaiest way is to use a spoon so you don't waste too much of the ginger. Skin is very thin and will scrape right off with the tip of the spoon.

SmokeInDaEye said:
Yes, the eaiest way is to use a spoon so you don't waste too much of the ginger. Skin is very thin and will scrape right off with the tip of the spoon.

Good to know. I've always used a vegetable peeler.

Kevin said:
Good to know. I've always used a vegetable peeler.

Between this and my lightening fast suggestion for peeling garlic, I'm racking up the "useless cooking tips" points today!

SmokeInDaEye said:
Between this and my lightening fast suggestion for peeling garlic, I'm racking up the "useless cooking tips" points today!

LOL. Should I boil the ginger to soften the skin?

On edit: the boiling part was a joke. Don't want to confuse anyone.

Kevin said:

Ginger is the name of my dog...she don't like when i scrape her with a
spoon or boil her............going to my room now!!!:biggrin:

Kevin said:

On edit: the boiling part was a joke. Don't want to confuse anyone.

That reminds me. I need to make ribs for the superbowl.

Kevin, did you know that if you freeze 2 tbsns of liquid smoke in an icecube tray, you'll have perfect cubes to drop into your rib prep'ing juice? 1 cube for every gallon of water.:twisted:

SmokeInDaEye said:
That reminds me. I need to make ribs for the superbowl.

Kevin, did you know that if you freeze 2 tbsns of liquid smoke in an icecube tray, you'll have perfect cubes to drop into your rib prep'ing juice? 1 cube for every gallon of water.:twisted:

Do you evenly distribute the 2 tablespoons of liquid smoke between all of the cubes? Most of my ice cube trays have 14 cubes, but a couple have 12. I want to get the quantity right.

Kevin said:
Do you evenly distribute the 2 tablespoons of liquid smoke between all of the cubes? Most of my ice cube trays have 14 cubes, but a couple have 12. I want to get the quantity right.

2 tbspns PER ice cube space. That way all you have to do is drop one cube into the hot pork water and you're done. No fuss, no mess.:twisted:

SmokeInDaEye said:
2 tbspns PER ice cube space. That way all you have to do is drop one cube into the hot pork water and you're done. No fuss, no mess.:twisted:

Ok then. That clears that up. Thanks!

Back