Chili-Cheese Dogs, FamilyMan Style (bacon wrapped all-beef franks, topped with grilled onions, chili, cheese and sour cream)!!

FamilyManBBQ

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Was in the mood for a good old-fashioned chili dog (well, at least I was after I looked at the pics in the hot dog throwdown)).

Fired up the smoker joe..
005_zpsdf50865d.jpg

Smoked some ground beef, for the chili, over oak wood for about an hour or so...
007_zps9e369dd5.jpg

All beef dogs, each wrapped with two pieces of thick-sliced bacon. Sprinkled with a Paul Kirk rub. Ground beef added to the garlic, onions, spices, beer and beef base for the chili...
010_zps35271880.jpg

Left the dogs on for another hour or so...letting some of that bacony goodness drip down into the chili...
016_zpscb62c5c8.jpg

More direct heat for a few minutes to crisp the bacon.
020_zps66dc0f33.jpg

Gotta toast the bun...
021_zps8314733b.jpg

Building the dog. Topped, first, with a layer of grilled onions...
027_zps7b13b6ca.jpg

Then a layer of smoked chili...
031_zps36065265.jpg

Topped that with some shredded cheese and some sour cream (weird, I know, but it sounded good. By golly, tasted good too)...
032_zps8a0f340b.jpg

To finish, topped with a dusting of the Paul Kirk rub. Served with some Salt & Pepper Kettle chips (as everyone knows, the best chips on the planet) and a tall cold one...
047_zps3dfae2a2.jpg

Followed this beauty up with a dessert of zantac and a nice nap. Thanks for checkin' it out.

Stop by the hotdog throwdown and check out all the entries!!

Awsome.!
Smoking the ground beef, to Temp?or just smoke infusing then frying?
cheers.
Titch

Smoking mostly for the flavor. Gets a partial cook, for sure (maybe a "medium" if a full fry would be a "well done"). Then tossed into the pot with the other goodies to finish the process.

I've never been a hotdog kind of guy. You seriously may have just changed the way I look at hotdogs. Farkin' well done, sir!

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Back